Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sigh. You just can't win.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #31
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8052

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
Same here, but now there are good quality handgun safes that weren't available back then and nobody gave it a second thought. My dad had loaded guns all over the house and I survived. That doesn't mean it is the best option today. I also have a 1963 Chevy truck that doesn't have seat belts, and when I was a kid nobody even heard of wearing a helmet while riding a bike. There are too many options available so that you can have quick access and keep your HD guns relatively secure.
Someday I'm going to get me one of these. I think they're awesome.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/gunvault-speedvault-digital-handgun-safe.html?gclid=CISWn_WRsrgCFaFFMgodRG8Arg&ef_id=U eRA2wAABWdVcilM:20130715183507:s

Old 07-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #32
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2787 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Default Honey I heard a Noise

You know how many times a week I hear that? We're both poor sleepers partly due to age & health and partly because our bodies are still in transition from living at sea level(in NY) to living at 3500 feet(here in AZ.) Now we do have a 81.3 pound Old English Bulldogge sleeping in the front room: He sleeps in his Crate(upside for the intruder-it's bolted so he can't get up in the middle of the night and rip apart the trash. Down side for the intruder, if he gets in without setting off the alarm, Gator will surely tear apart his crate to get out and expel said intruder BEFORE I got to the living room.
While Almost all of our Guns are in my safe, and the ammo in a sep. safe or my antique Box with a lock on it,..but My EDC Ruger LC9 is either in my man purse next to the bed or on my Nightstand, and her Ruger SP101 is in hers.
Winds: we've been shopping for his and hers biometric safes for the bedroom...
One of my friends here(my Directv Guy, who also just happens to be a former NFL player) told me "Bill,..this is Arizona, you don't need to lock your garage side door entrance"...No,..I have like 50K of stuff in there between 2 of our 3 Macs, a 32" Sony TV, a Hybrid Broadcast Mixer, many Many Prs. of Microphones & headphones, 3 Guitar Amplifiers(A Roland Jazz Chorus 120, a Mesa Boogie Amp Head, and a Carvin combo with speakers) an Audio switch to route the sound to either of the 3 amps, a few grand in Music effects boxes, A casio Pro series Digital Piano, several Guitars, including 2 Gibsons with autographs on them, a few other keyboards..and now My New Lathe and drill press for GunSmithing school, plus several boxes of books that did make the trip..So I keep it locked, Thanks...
*As i type this, Gator is standing on my dual recliner(the only furniture he IS allowed on) Looking out the window because he heard the UPS truck, so I doubt anyone is getting in this house without my OK......

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #33

Liked 2221 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 2154

When the wife wakes me up because she hears something I tell her to go check it out and that I'm right behind her. Hey I'm all about equal rights.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #34

Liked 255 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Keeping your gun unloaded until you need it is like waiting til your about to blow a load to put a condom on.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #35

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin556 View Post
Keeping your gun unloaded until you need it is like waiting til your about to blow a load to put a condom on.
Nobody uses condoms anymore ..... that's why there are shows called 16 and pregnant ... I fear for my daughter

Last edited by rurak; 07-18-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #36
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8052

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Nobody uses condoms anymore ..... that's why there are shows called 16 and pregnant ... I fear for my daughter
Try to educate the hell out of your daughter. I always told my kids if you are having sex, then expect a pregnancy. And truly, I tried to tell my children that "dating" doesn't mean having sex. Dating is getting to know one another to see if you even like each other before having sex. I also told them don't have sex with anyone you wouldn't marry. I was smart enough to know they probably would have pre-marital sex. I just warned them as best I could.