Sigh. You just can't win. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Sigh. You just can't win.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 992 Times on 531 Posts
Likes Given: 807

I sleep about 3 hrs solid then wake up 5-8 times a night at every little noise. Never owned an alarm clock in my life. Can go to bed drunk at midnight and wake up at 3 am to go hunting, fishing or work. Been late to work one time in my life.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1355 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 257

180196_4062974255096_468686495_n.jpg

Nuff said!!

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Wtf............

When I was working nights, the shot gun and machete was by the front door. my wife knew how to use both. When i was sleeping during the day, she knew not to wake me up unless the perp made it into the house. and I can assure you he wasn't leaving on his own................

Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #24

Liked 1148 Times on 594 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
And with due respect - that's the problem. Right there.

If women are indeed equal to men (and I believe they are) then they should be treated as equal and called on their bull**** just like men.

Irrational fear of guns won't hurt anyone but the homeowner when some armed intruder breaks into the house.
Um . . .go ahead, try it. With my wife. I'll make the popcorn.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Dogs gone wild.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy View Post
My dog would lick my blood off the intruders face and proceed to leave with him/her. My only hope is that the intruder gets scared off when my dog smiles at them and thinks she's baring her teeth, ready to attack.
MY son has a cross breed dog, we call her bear, she's half lab and half rott wielier. She looks like a grisly crossed with a lion. Just the looks of this dog will make you think twice before you get out of your vehicle. She's a real sweet dog and hasn't bitten any one in the family.........Her last litter of pups was 13, when I went under the house to check on them was the first time i thought she was going to rip out my throat. Untill I spoke her name, then all was good...........
Old 07-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #26

Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
Um . . .go ahead, try it. With my wife. I'll make the popcorn.
So, how much are you charging for tickets to that show? I'm in....
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #27

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
As mentioned earlier, Cin was nervous about having unsecured firearms in the house, especially the last three or four years when the kid was in her early and mid-teens, as sometimes she would have friends over and they would sometimes be in the house by themselves for a couple of hours. Who knows where they will snoop or what they will get into? I keep a gun hidden behind some books in the headboard of the bed; the Blackhawk in the closet, and a Mossberg pump 12 gauge hidden near my desk in the basement. This is the best compromise I could effect between having a firearm accessible but safe from unauthorized handling.

Which sorta irriates me, as when I was growing up there were guns just hanging on the wall in the den, and we all knew where the pistols were kept, and neither myself or my brother and sister would have ever considered touching one without permission, or letting a friend touch one. The consequences would have been dire. I was 15 years old before I could even get one of my own guns down without permission.
Same here, but now there are good quality handgun safes that weren't available back then and nobody gave it a second thought. My dad had loaded guns all over the house and I survived. That doesn't mean it is the best option today. I also have a 1963 Chevy truck that doesn't have seat belts, and when I was a kid nobody even heard of wearing a helmet while riding a bike. There are too many options available so that you can have quick access and keep your HD guns relatively secure.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #28

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Even though the Dr. says the M.S is leaving scars on her brain, I find that I get stupider every day. Just ask her, she will tell you so. She sure tells me so. But the woman can go from a dead sleep to full on paranoia that there is someone in the house instantly. It usually starts on my end with a sharp smack while I'm asleep. If I'm lucky and her aim is good that night, she will smack me on the chest. It's an attention getter. But if her aim is off, I'll get it in the face. I don't know why I bother with taking my Beretta 96 with me when I check the house, by this point there's nothing a home invader can do that's worse than how my night and the next day are going to play out.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #29

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Your furry alarms told you the house was clear, if I got up, it would be to wolf down a piece of cake and some Mt Dew.

Leave cake crumbs on the kitchen window sill so the wife has images of a prowler eating the cake. Lol
clr8ter Likes This 
Old 07-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #30

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Personally I think I would prefer the prowler over the Mt. Dew. I was just a kid when my 60 year old farm folk grandparents discovered Mountain Dew in the store. In typical Farm Folk style, you couldn't go to bed till you had a snack to "tie you over". Not a bad idea when the snack was a Root Beer float. But when they discovered Mt. Dew, it was good by Root Beer. Mt. Dew and ice cream when applied to an eight year old at bed time, will cause a 60 year old Catholic man to interject the F word into the old "settle down and got to sleep" conversation. And in extreme cases has been known to cause belt shaped marks on an eight-year-old's hind end region.

Last edited by PappaJim; 07-15-2013 at 05:42 PM.
People Like This