*sigh* struggling with Picasa - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > *sigh* struggling with Picasa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai
Okay, as for viewing your online albums and trying to consolidate several into one album, try this:
Open one album that has photos you want to use. Select 'organize'. Then highlight the photos you want. Click 'copy.' A little box will pop up. If you have already created the album to put all the photos in, select 'choose existing album.' Pick the one you want and hit 'select album.' This will copy the photos into the album you want. Then repeat for the rest of the photos. If you have not already created the new album you want to put all the photos in together, type in a title and Picasa will create a new album for you. Then for the rest of the photos in the other albums, you will do the same thing, except you will select 'choose existing album' from then on and put the rest of the photos into the one you just set up.

I have been trying to use the embed photo feature by testing it on this thread. Haven't gotten it to work yet. Might just be easier to post it as usual on here straight from your computer.

Okay, I have figured it out. (Obviously, as per the photo above.) Open your online photo album and click on the photo you want to use. On the right hand side of the page, select 'Link to this Photo'. Check the box that says 'Image only (no link)'. Select the size you want the image to appear on FTF. Highlight all of the text under 'embed image' and copy it. Go to the FTF site. Write what you want to write in your response, select the insert image icon (mountains and yellow sky). It will prompt you to put in a website. Paste the text from Picasa that you copied. When you post your response, the photo should appear.
What's your cats name?

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7809 Times on 4687 Posts
Likes Given: 9822

Thank you so much, everyone, for taking on the difficult task of helping me with Picasa. It's so hard to do in just print and I appreciate your patience and knowledge. I'm getting the hang of it. After I successfully do it a few times, I'll get better at it. I have been able to post a few decent photos here on FTF.

Thank you all!!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
What's your cats name?
It is actually a friend's cat named Mage. My friend asked me to take a few photos of him one day. I put them all up on Picasa so he could download whatever he wanted. Unfortunately, Mage passed away several months ago

Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I didn't realize Picasa was just a storage place for the photos. I was trying to post photos from Picasa. I am a slow learner but I eventually do learn.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #15

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai

It is actually a friend's cat named Mage. My friend asked me to take a few photos of him one day. I put them all up on Picasa so he could download whatever he wanted. Unfortunately, Mage passed away several months ago
That's sad. Looks close to my cat Alvin.
image-3288039718.jpg  

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Okay. I was doing so well. Now when I try to post a photo I get the message "remote file is too large". I didn't change any settings. What's going on? I wish I could post pictures without getting all PI**ed off.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

You can always upload directly to the site if you have them saved to your computer.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
You can always upload directly to the site if you have them saved to your computer.
Yes, I know. But I don't think you fully realize my ineptitude here. I know they're on my computer somewhere......but where exactly, I don't know.

I'll keep looking, trying and learning. I don't catch on quick but I eventually catch on. If I don't get frustrated and keep at it, I'll get good at it.

The really stupid part of it all, I posted some beautifully but I can't do it again. *shrugs*

Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
That's sad. Looks close to my cat Alvin.
Yeah, they even have similar white spots on the chest. When I was five or six we had a cat with those same markings. I will always have a soft spot for cats like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yes, I know. But I don't think you fully realize my ineptitude here. I know they're on my computer somewhere......but where exactly, I don't know.

I'll keep looking, trying and learning. I don't catch on quick but I eventually catch on. If I don't get frustrated and keep at it, I'll get good at it.

The really stupid part of it all, I posted some beautifully but I can't do it again. *shrugs*
If it is too large on Picasa and you are copying the text, you can change to a smaller size. There will be a box under 'embed image' where you can 'select size'.

If you are trying to download it from your computer, there is a reasonable chance the photos might be in a standard 'my pictures' photo. If that is the case, use the little paperclip at the top of where you are typing the post to add an attachment. Click 'browse.' On my computer, it is set up to next click 'libraries', then 'pictures.' Or you might try, 'computer', 'OS (C', 'Users', '[the name you log in under; might be your first name]', 'my pictures'. If it is an older computer and you don't see a 'my pictures' folder there, maybe 'my documents', then 'my pictures.' Hope this helps.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai View Post
Yeah, they even have similar white spots on the chest. When I was five or six we had a cat with those same markings. I will always have a soft spot for cats like that.

If it is too large on Picasa and you are copying the text, you can change to a smaller size. There will be a box under 'embed image' where you can 'select size'.

If you are trying to download it from your computer, there is a reasonable chance the photos might be in a standard 'my pictures' photo. If that is the case, use the little paperclip at the top of where you are typing the post to add an attachment. Click 'browse.' On my computer, it is set up to next click 'libraries', then 'pictures.' Or you might try, 'computer', 'OS (C', 'Users', '[the name you log in under; might be your first name]', 'my pictures'. If it is an older computer and you don't see a 'my pictures' folder there, maybe 'my documents', then 'my pictures.' Hope this helps.
Yes, It does help. Thank you. When I find the pictures on the computer they are all in "IMG" sort of code and I can't tell which picture is which. There are many of them. How do I know which one is the picture I want to post?