Sick & tired of the shooting sprees - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sick & tired of the shooting sprees

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think that would work.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Last edited by Dillinger; 08-06-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #32

OK, sorry guys, but I gotta get this off my chest; the title of this thread cracks me up!

It's like: :Well they were alright at first, but now everyone is getting carried away with this shooting spree stuff."

Sorry, Mr. 1911. I don't mean to make fun of your serious topic. The title just struck me as funny.

Canis

Old 08-07-2009, 05:11 AM   #33
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The guy clearly had issues, he might be working out but that doesn't mean his mind is healthy. There are a lot of people at a gym that while working hard on there body are insecure in other parts of there life. Many join to loose weight or get in shape to impress others not for there own well being. I have a friend that has arms bigger than my legs and can bench press double his body weight easily but if you tease him about something he takes it to heart. Considering he targeted the ladies in the gym I expect he had major blue ball issues and took it out on the women in the gym.

Sad to say most of these Fu&ktards aren't that deep, no hiden reason, they are a sad excuse of a person and they know it. Instead of just ending it they take good people with them. Everyone wants to know why and find a reason in what the Azzhat did but there isn't any past what I expressed. If the media would write the story that way maybe a few of these nut jobs would just shoot them self and not kill others.

Carry everywhere you can and when you can't carry do your best to be prepared to defend your life without a firearm.

Has anyone heard if this wingnut owned the pistols legal or if he had a carry license?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 08-07-2009 at 06:18 AM.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:36 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniswalensis View Post
OK, sorry guys, but I gotta get this off my chest; the title of this thread cracks me up!

It's like: :Well they were alright at first, but now everyone is getting carried away with this shooting spree stuff."

Sorry, Mr. 1911. I don't mean to make fun of your serious topic. The title just struck me as funny.

Canis
I think the title sums up the way most of us feel. Every time there is some stupid bastard going off the deep end the 2nd get a hit thanks to the ultra left media and others. I'm sick and tired of it too. Now I want to hear all the stories about how a ccw solved the problem, you know, the ones you never hear about?!

The truth was always the truth, even before anyone figured it out. It always was and always will be.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #35

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

^^At least it's only the ultra-left media and others who attack you guys. In Australia, that would be the majority of the population, who are completely ignorant...they still believe that practically all gun crime is committed with legal weapons, which have been pinched from law-abiding owners. Yeah, right with our stringent gun safe laws lol

Only about 5% of the adult population here are firearm licence holders, so we're just too easy to kick

Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I read 'Combat Handguns' magazine. In every issue they have a 'it happened to me' article with several entries. I love reading them and how tools are being put to good use instead of being misused.

"A firearm is used to prevent crime 2 million times every year."

You'll only hear about four of them from the media and that's if you look real hard!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #37

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I was about 10 minutes away from this when the news reports started coming in.

I'm with the OP in that everytime something like this happens, I initially feel disgust for the useless loss of life, and then that morphs into "How is the media gonna spin this?"

Our governor is rabidly anti gun, and tends to take incidents like these to immediately push an agenda. I see the speech coming any minute now. When a cop got gunned down in Philly, he was on it like a rabid squirrel in a bag of Planter's Nuts.

He has pushed for every kind of anti 2A legislation imaginable, from hi caps to EBRs, and since this douche managed to pop off 52 rounds from a handgun, I can only imagine what 'Crazy Eddie" will try to ban next.

Sadly, we're an OC/CC state, and yet enough people subscribe to the victim mentality to allow this stuff to happen.