Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Sick & tired of the shooting sprees (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/sick-tired-shooting-sprees-16561/)

mr1911 08-05-2009 06:34 PM

Sick & tired of the shooting sprees

I think I speak for all responsible gun owners when I say that I am sick and tired of these sick whackos going around shooting and killing innocent people!
I just read this morning about the gym shooting that happened this week.

99.9% of gun owners are responsable people who have guns to protect, not to murder, for recreational target shooting fun with the family and friends, or to get out in nature and harvest some healthy, low fat, drug free, wild game.

But most importantly we have firarms because of the 2nd amendment acknowledging our God given right to bear arms, to be free from opression. If this sensless violence continues, weather it's personal or political in motive, I garantee you that those aposed to our personal freedoms will use these random acts of violence to destroy the principles this country was founded apon.

Just something to think about.

dunerunner 08-05-2009 06:41 PM

Yup, Agree, I'm sick and tired of the media reporting on these events and ignoring those where a citizen with a gun has saved their own life, protected their family and property or thwarted a criminal act.

spittinfire 08-05-2009 06:41 PM

I agree with this post.

IGETEVEN 08-05-2009 07:05 PM

A GYM shooting? Jesus, that is the last place I would have thought something like that would occur. And it is a place where I do not carry either. Now I have to think about stashing my piece in my workout bag. But then again, you have to have a key card to get into my gym, but that does not stop someone from following a member in after access.

Jack

dunerunner 08-05-2009 07:08 PM

This guy was a member!! Distraught over not having a girl friend since 1984!! Dumb bastard didn't know how good he had it!

mr1911 08-05-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 139890)
This guy was a member!! Distraught over not having a girl friend since 1984!! Dumb bastard didn't know how good he had it!

What a yellow bellied, self-centered whining-coward this piece of garbage was,...try being married, then having your wife decide it would be more fun to just get rid of you and keep all your stuff!

Shotgun Shooter 08-05-2009 07:22 PM

Hes probably a 40 year old virgin.

S.S.

IGETEVEN 08-05-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotgun Shooter (Post 139902)
Hes probably a 40 year old virgin.

S.S.

Well that part will probably change after he meets his new cell mates. He will have some new 'boyfriends' and he will be the new 'girlfriend'. ;)

Jack

Dillinger 08-05-2009 07:38 PM

Something is not totally right here. A gym member? No girlfriend since 1984??

Well, exerecise releases endorphins, which makes you happy - not a kill crazy lunatic.

There is more to this story, I am sure.

Someone at the gym he was eyeing and it didn't work out. Or someone at the gym recently joined and was the guy who picked on him in High School.

Something.

There is more to this story than just a gym member woke up one day tired of doing crunches and decided to shoot up the gym....

I agree 100% with the OP though - I am tired of hearing all the negative press surrounding our pasttime...

JD

BigByrd47119 08-05-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 139907)
Well that part will probably change after he meets his new cell mates. He will have some new 'boyfriends' and he will be the new 'girlfriend'. ;)

Jack

He killed himself as well as a total of 4 others from what I most recently heard.