Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sick Individuals..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2225 Times on 1381 Posts
Likes Given: 14839

Neo-cons..................!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #42
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7611 Times on 3315 Posts
Likes Given: 1129

My big sis and her husband had a Receiving Home for Child Protective Services. They might get a call at 1:00- we need to bring you a child. This was a child that had just been taken from the custody of whoever they had been with, for whatever reason- and their first stop was going to be my sis's place.

Some were merely neglected, malnourished or mistreated. A few were badly, horribly abused. Ranged from about age 4 to 14. One little girl, about 9, was being raised by grandma (no parents to be found) when grandma had a heart attack and died. SHE was the one that found Grandma.

A few had been so mistreated my sis would cry (only in private)- but if the person that did that ever showed up at her house, I had already promised to help her hide the body.

Some kids might be with her for a couple of weeks, most a couple of months before they were moved to a permanent home/ adopted. 3 of the girls stayed until they were 18 (and I gave one of them away at her wedding 3 years later) Whenever I was on leave, I had a house full of excited kids to go visit- their big brother was coming home from the Army! Would take 6-8 of them, go hit local ice cream shop/ theater/ fast food place.

Sis passed away several years ago, but she would still get Christmas cards from a bunch of the kids.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #43
Home Sweet Home!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16977 Times on 9833 Posts
Likes Given: 44231

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
My big sis and her husband had a Receiving Home for Child Protective Services. They might get a call at 1:00- we need to bring you a child. This was a child that had just been taken from the custody of whoever they had been with, for whatever reason- and their first stop was going to be my sis's place.

Some were merely neglected, malnourished or mistreated. A few were badly, horribly abused. Ranged from about age 4 to 14. One little girl, about 9, was being raised by grandma (no parents to be found) when grandma had a heart attack and died. SHE was the one that found Grandma.

A few had been so mistreated my sis would cry (only in private)- but if the person that did that ever showed up at her house, I had already promised to help her hide the body.

Some kids might be with her for a couple of weeks, most a couple of months before they were moved to a permanent home/ adopted. 3 of the girls stayed until they were 18 (and I gave one of them away at her wedding 3 years later) Whenever I was on leave, I had a house full of excited kids to go visit- their big brother was coming home from the Army! Would take 6-8 of them, go hit local ice cream shop/ theater/ fast food place.

Sis passed away several years ago, but she would still get Christmas cards from a bunch of the kids.
C3, you do truly amaze me. thank you for sharing that and your sister sounds like she was caring and giving person. we need more peope like her. i have a huge amount of respect for those who open their hearts and homes to children in need.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #44

Liked 255 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

C3 your sister was an angel on this planet for taking care of neglected children. I only wish there were more people like that in this nation. As for these two individuals in the op, I can think of some extremely twisted and excruciatingly painful torture methods that I would just love to test out but even then they still would not have gotten what they deserve. There is a special corner in hell just for them and I hope they go there soon.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #45

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

An update for you all with a video that ran on the news here the other night.
http://www.nbc4i.com/story/21018204/coshocton-parents-admit-to-abusing-their-baby-boy

Edit:
One of my comments in response:

"On another note,although this is a worst case scenario; there are so many children that are currently being abused even in your own community. This problem of child abuse should be near the top of our national agenda along with each and every state. Addressing this issue head on and dealing this problem before children that are raised in these environments snowball out of control, will do more to prevent another mass shooting tragedy than any piece of new gun control legislation could even begin touch on. Think about it; Children that are raised being abused daily and being on the receiving end of pain, hate, and violence, what are they going to contribute to society when they grow and become young adults? Without greater intervention from above; odds are it will be nothing other than more pain, hate, violence, and abuse. Come on america; lets get our priorities straight."

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Last edited by tshoot91; 02-07-2013 at 06:10 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #46
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5682 Times on 3336 Posts
Likes Given: 4821

That is pretty messed up; at least the kid may get better parents now, maybe. I wonder, why was the girl on Social Security; was she perhaps disabled?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #47
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 794 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

From the time I was about 10 years old to about 6 or 7 years ago my parents did this also. They had way more drug addicted babies than abused ones. But they usually only took those under 4 years old.

One abuse case I remember though. A little boy about 2 years old was brought to them in a body cast from his chest to his ankles, his femurs had been broken.

If you are squeamish leave this post now.

After about 5 weeks the cast was starting to smell pretty strong, you can clean the kid but stuff sort of soaks into the cast in spite of moms best efforts because the boy was still in diapers.

Mom had him laying on the kitchen counter giving him a sponge bath and he winced a little bit when she washed his chest as far as she could reach under the cast. He never made a sound just sort of an involuntary shudder.She put her hand under the cast as best she could and could feel something in there but could not pull it out. Again no cry just this really pained look. I drove her to the emergency room where the doctors decided that the cast was supposed to come off in a 4-5 days anyhow so they would go ahead and cut it off now.

The little boy had shoved a hot wheels car way down under the cast and it had ground into his skin. It had been there long enough to rust and get very, very infected. The infection was part of the stink from the cast.

It made me wonder what else he had been through before his second birthday that gave him this much tolerance for pain.

This was quite while ago and I can't remember if he was adopted or went back to his original family. But you really don't want to get me started on judges and social workers and their belief that parents should be given 2nd, 3rd, and 27th chances to mess up their kids.

Sorry this got a little long winded.

Last edited by F4U; 02-11-2013 at 04:40 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #48

Liked 178 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 124

EDIT- think you had the wrong thread there, podner.

Last edited by c3shooter; 02-11-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #49
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7611 Times on 3315 Posts
Likes Given: 1129

F4- God, are you spot on!

My Sis was doing this before the appearance of crack- Lord knows what it would look like today. She had kids from babies in diapers to early teens. Most were 4-9 yrs old.

I remember one little boy that had been starved. Poor little guy was hoarding little bits of food here and there. Some had been burned, some you would still make out the individual fingerprints in the bruises.

For the 1 AM arrivals- sleepy, scared, frequently dirty and hurt- Warm bath, clean PJs, cup of cocoa, new teddy bear- with the assurance that the bear was THEIRS- they had to give him a name. Rock them to sleep.

Little girl that I gave away at her wedding carried her bear instead of flowers- gave bear back to my Sis when she got up to the altar- About only time I saw Sis cry.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #50
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 794 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 1

C3, Mom had a lot of crack babies, the worst part is every one is different. One would cry constantly the next one would cry hardly at all, I am talking newborns here. One I remember wasn't able to or didn't naturally ( I am probably saying this wrong) eat until he was full. He would drink the bottle untill he wasn't hungry any more, but then he would be hungry again 45 min or an hour later.

On a happier note about 15 years ago I started a new job driving for the counties transit system. Mom asked if Al *** still worked there. Al and his wife had adopted Moms second foster child and they met several times to ease the transition. He did, and one day I asked if he remembered meeting Mom & Dad all those years ago. He did of course and it turned out that the girl was now doing great in college and was engaged to a good guy and had turned out as well as a kid could.

Like you giving away the bride, those moments are what all the nights with no sleep and all the trips to the emergency room and every thing else these foster parents go through is all about.