Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Show your internet labels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #61
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1473 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
So true Kfox, That is why it is a popular trick with black powder rifles. Ballistic knowledge is necessary to be an advanced marksman.
So very true. The next trick iwant to try is splitting a rifled slug on the back blade of a double bit axe. I'll have to try the match trick with my uncles CVA Tracker or my Wolf. Should be a fun challenge, but I do know one thing. i'll ned to bring a sharp eyed observer. kind of hard to see through all the smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
No worries. She'll figure it out by the time she turns 30.
Hope so. It only took me about 35 years to learn that lesson myself. My dad also tried to teach me humility. It didn't take.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Lighting a Match: I wish you all the best of luck ! I have trouble even seeing a match...

Maybe young eyes and reflexes can succeed where I have failed. if you watch impossible shots on TV, you'll notice they are relatively close when they do these trick shots w matches and coins.

Yet, Jerry M. hit a Tgt @ 400 yds w a 22 rifle. I also saw a Chief's Special hit a tgt at 200 yds. The front sight of the J frame looks like it had been darkened.

Wish I could say one of those stories was mine but even I can't pile the BS that deep.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 11-18-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #63
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7655 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Lighting a Match: I wish you all the best of luck ! I have trouble even seeing a match...

Maybe young eyes and reflexes can succeed where I have failed. if you watch impossible shots on TV, you'll notice they are relatively close when they do these trick shots w matches and coins.

Yet, Jerry M. hit a Tgt @ 400 yds w a 22 rifle. I also saw a Chief's Special hit a tgt at 200 yds. The front sight of the J frame looks like it had been darkened.

Wish I could say one of those stories was mine but even I can't pile the BS that deep.
Bob Munden popped a balloon at something like 400 yards or so with a derringer.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2190 Times on 1213 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
Lighting a Match: I wish you all the best of luck ! I have trouble even seeing a match... Maybe young eyes and reflexes can succeed where I have failed. if you watch impossible shots on TV, you'll notice they are relatively close when they do these trick shots w matches and coins. Yet, Jerry M. hit a Tgt @ 400 yds w a 22 rifle. I also saw a Chief's Special hit a tgt at 200 yds. The front sight of the J frame looks like it had been darkened. Wish I could say one of those stories was mine but even I can't pile the BS that deep.
There's a youtube video of guys trying the match thing with a .22 on a bench rest a foot or two from the matches and it takes them forever. And they are going about it very carefully and methodically

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 11-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Bob Munden popped a balloon at something like 400 yards or so with a derringer.
Bob was the shooter who hit w Chief's @ 200 yds. I just couldn't remember his name. No idea how he did it. The chiefs is considered one of the hardest guns to master. Would be interesting to turn your boys loose w one - teenagers love a challenge ?

Note: Bob had the front blackened - I have no idea why - was hoping someone who has more experience w SW model 36/60 could tell us why ???

Old 11-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #66
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1599 Times on 832 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

It seems to me it would be a lot easier to light the match off the box's stricker surface.

People Like This