Show your internet labels - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Show your internet labels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

So true Kfox, That is why it is a popular trick with black powder rifles. Ballistic knowledge is necessary to be an advanced marksman.

People Like This 
Old 11-17-2013, 02:22 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
So true Kfox, That is why it is a popular trick with black powder rifles. Ballistic knowledge is necessary to be an advanced marksman.
Do not know a damn thing about black powder rifles, but the last sentence says it all.

People Like This 
Old 11-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #53
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

After watching some trick shot shows the boys started trying out the tricks themselves, the first one being cutting a playing card in half with a bullet. They found it to be rather easy, even with a .22, and were quite proud of themselves for that fact because most trick shot artists use a .45. Same with hitting a coin, or other small target.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #54

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

JaegerM, You would like black/powder shooting I am sure. The "Dark Side" is an interesting science.
Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 11-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #55
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2157 Times on 1323 Posts
Likes Given: 12075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I think they were using LR but I am not sure. I told them their chances would be better with some .38s in the GP100 or the Blackhawk. More surface area and a slower bullet. But what do I know? I'm only their dad!
I know what you mean bro. I've got a 16 year old daughter who thinks she knows it all already. No issues, just got to get her to realize that sometimes we as parents do sometimes know what we are talking about.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
I know what you mean bro. I've got a 16 year old daughter who thinks she knows it all already. No issues, just got to get her to realize that sometimes we as parents do sometimes know what we are talking about.
No worries. She'll figure it out by the time she turns 30.
People Like This 
Old 11-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 150

No. Old DurangoKid was assuming that since I advocate for freedom in all of its forms, including gay marriage, despite the fact that said freedom would not apply to me, that I was gay.

I do, however, suspect that Old Durango might have some feelings he has not let out of the closet if ya know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

No, Durango was more than likely just busting your balls. While I don't recall any debates between you (Might have been before I joined FTF) he was the kind of man who spoke his mind whether you agreed w him or not. He was a good friend of mine and I learned a great deal from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
No worries. She'll figure it out by the time she turns 30.
Maybe I only know the "slow" ones but they don't seem to "get it" until AFTER 30; some 40 and I have known some over 50 +.

I suppose I'm either not trying hard enough or don't join the right threads as no one has called me anything memorable. I shall endeavor to improve me performance.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 11-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
No. Old DurangoKid was assuming that since I advocate for freedom in all of its forms, including gay marriage, despite the fact that said freedom would not apply to me, that I was gay.

I do, however, suspect that Old Durango might have some feelings he has not let out of the closet if ya know what I mean.
No, Durango was more than likely just busting your balls. While I don't recall any debates between you (Might have been before I joined FTF) he was the kind of man who spoke his mind whether you agreed w him or not. He was a good friend of mine and I learned a great deal from him.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, but you be the judge. Here is a link to page 4 of the thread, the post where I first entered into the fray. There are 10 more pages of posts. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f13/obama-same-sex-marriage-64205/index4.html

Quote:
Maybe I only know the "slow" ones but they don't seem to "get it" until AFTER 30; some 40 and I have known some over 50 +.
Well, women are different after all. I started getting along with my dad when I was about 25, and our relationship grew much closer after I had kids.

Quote:
I suppose I'm either not trying hard enough or don't join the right threads as no one has called me anything memorable. I shall endeavor to improve me performance.
Hah! Yer a damn piker!

And I am the first one to call you a name!
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Well, women are different after all. I started getting along with my dad when I was about 25, and our relationship grew much closer after I had kids.

Mark Twain: When I went away for college, I was convinced my father knew nothing at all. Upon completion of my education I returned home and was amazed at how much he had learned in only 4 years !

Hah! Yer a damn piker!

And I am the first one to call you a name![/QUOTE]

Thank You ! I feel much better now.

PS: While I don't have a quick link, I have argued against "Gay Marriage" on this very forum in at least two threads. My Hebrew may be weak, but the traditional Rabbinic interpretation of Genesis has always been Adam & Eve and not Adam & Steve.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 11-17-2013 at 11:38 AM.
People Like This 
Old 11-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #60
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7873 Times on 4039 Posts
Likes Given: 9015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post

Mark Twain: When I went away for college, I was convinced my father knew nothing at all. Upon completion of my education I returned home and was amazed at how much he had learned in only 4 years !
so true! I knew everything when I was 18 years old, I was sure there wasnt a subject I couldnt rue! 4 years of regular Army, 9 years as an Apprentice in a TV Shop and 19 years with hundreds of PHD's learning me daily and I know know that what I dont know is much greater than what I do!

All that after sucking up as much knowledge as I could for 35+ years after knowing everything to begin my adulthood with! Im going to have to live to 180 to know everything at this rate!

People Like This