Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Show your internet labels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've been called about everything at one time or another but it usually has to do with me being a stupid redneck, hillbilly, or the like. I guess it's a lot my fault though. I do live in a place well known for their dumb hillbillys. I do own a good bit of camo and OD green stuff. THat olive drab green happens to be a color I'm very fond of. Even when I was a city slicker. The camo is just a habit form when I still hunted a lot. But just tell me, what is a more useful or more comfortable coat than those M60 jackets???
My Ohio friends call me a hillbilly while the family here in Ky call me a"citified buckeye". On the net I'm a right wingnut hillbilly usually. Sometimes a clan member, I find that one more than a little odd as I have zero racial bias. I think that has to do with where I live though too. It seeems you can not live in the country and not be a bigot in many peoples internet eyes.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 11-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1663 Times on 1154 Posts
Likes Given: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I've been called about everything at one time or another but it usually has to do with me being a stupid redneck, hillbilly, or the like. I guess it's a lot my fault though. I do live in a place well known for their dumb hillbillys. I do own a good bit of camo and OD green stuff. THat olive drab green happens to be a color I'm very fond of. Even when I was a city slicker. The camo is just a habit form when I still hunted a lot. But just tell me, what is a more useful or more comfortable coat than those M60 jackets???
My Ohio friends call me a hillbilly while the family here in Ky call me a"citified buckeye". On the net I'm a right wingnut hillbilly usually. Sometimes a clan member, I find that one more than a little odd as I have zero racial bias. I think that has to do with where I live though too. It seeems you can not live in the country and not be a bigot in many peoples internet eyes.
got Hoosier jokes?

Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8049 Times on 4644 Posts
Likes Given: 10388

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
My all time favorite was a guy who lasted about a month on here who called me a liar over a post during a conversation on trick shots. Not just me, he flat out attacked anyone and everyone who did not share his opinion. in response to his statement that a 15 year old could never have the motor skills to light a strike anywhere match from 10 yards with a pistol, a couple of other member were more than willing to bet their own kids could with practice.
I remember that! My boys actually tried that and got damned close, but they were shooting at 20 yards with .22s and only spent maybe an hour at it (it was a cold day as I remember). I took some pics and it was clear that some of the match heads would begin to light but fizzled out. I'll have to find that memory chip with those pics on it. In short, I have no doubt they would have succeeded had they tried a bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Although I've gotten my share of hate in the past, I don't recall ever being called a typical anything.
I can't see how anybody would think you are typical! Then again, I have been called a typical Californian. Yeah. Right. As if there is such a thing.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #44

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

One member on the forum quotes me often. He then uses arcane pyscologal phraese to explaine what I have posted. He is very handy. Sort of like "Teats on a Saddle horse".

Old 11-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1663 Times on 1154 Posts
Likes Given: 847

Quote:
I can't see how anybody would think you are typical! Then again, I have been called a typical Californian. Yeah. Right. As if there is such a thing.
I think it's Lenny Magill and wife. Look up in the ad section.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #46
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1727 Times on 958 Posts
Likes Given: 5270

I was hit with an uncalled-for insult.
I quoted it, changed my avatar to it, and updated my signature for a while.

Of course, this was not an acknowledgment, but a provocation.

I'm still here, but the other? who knows.

I was raised to deal with things now termed "Politically Correct"

A common rhyme in family upbringing was "Sticks and Stones"

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Maybe the "wind" came from the other direction.
Honestly I wasn't paying attention to which end it was. I just know it didn't smell too pretty.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 11-16-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I was hit with an uncalled-for insult.
I quoted it, changed my avatar to it, and updated my signature for a while.

Of course, this was not an acknowledgment, but a provocation.

I'm still here, but the other? who knows.

I was raised to deal with things now termed "Politically Correct"

A common rhyme in family upbringing was "Sticks and Stones"
Oh come on now! You can't leave it like that!

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 11-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #49
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1538 Times on 940 Posts
Likes Given: 7828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I remember that! My boys actually tried that and got damned close, but they were shooting at 20 yards with .22s and only spent maybe an hour at it (it was a cold day as I remember). I took some pics and it was clear that some of the match heads would begin to light but fizzled out. I'll have to find that memory chip with those pics on it. In short, I have no doubt they would have succeeded had they tried a bit longer.
When you do let me know. I definitely want to see them. The boys were using .22s, were the LR or shorts? the contact time for the LR is not long enough to get good ignition. A slower bullet is needed for the trick.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

nitestalker Likes This 
Old 11-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
When you do let me know. I definitely want to see them. The boys were using .22s, were the LR or shorts? the contact time for the LR is not long enough to get good ignition. A slower bullet is needed for the trick.
I think they were using LR but I am not sure. I told them their chances would be better with some .38s in the GP100 or the Blackhawk. More surface area and a slower bullet. But what do I know? I'm only their dad!

Quote: