Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > should unmanned drones be used by law enforcement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 04:33 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I don't want the neighbor to have to cover up. Her private sho..er, privacy should not be violated.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:13 AM   #42
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1033 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5314

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I don't want the neighbor to have to cover up. Her private sho..er, privacy should not be violated.
My friend, you must have better looking neighbors than I do.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 12-15-2011, 05:19 AM   #43

What? I'm sorry, I was busy looking out the window. She's got a hot tub, right under her back porch light, just delivered last week.

Nah, I'm just joking around. I have lived next to one if those types though, alas, currently I do not...oh well, I have a good memory.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:41 AM   #44
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1033 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5314

Quote:
What? I'm sorry, I was busy looking out the window. She's got a hot tub, right under her back porch light, just delivered last week.

Nah, I'm just joking around. I have lived next to one if those types though, alas, currently I do not...oh well, I have a good memory.
LOL! Same here. Such good memories.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 12-15-2011, 05:57 AM   #45

It depends what the drones would be used for. If used for the purposes of spotting illegal drug activities, or something of that nature, it may not necessarily be a bad thing.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #46
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5645 Times on 3319 Posts
Likes Given: 4756

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
LEOs can't be everywhere.

...I'll just go buy a tent!
In all honesty, LEO's don't need to be EVERYWHERE; they don't belong in/on your private property without a warrant or probable cause or similar justification. If they did belong EVERYWHERE, we could all just get cameras & voice recorders & GPS tracking devices implanted at birth. Mission creep needs to be closely monitored with the ever-growing population of cameras in our world. I didn't see the ghetto vulture doing much random hovering when i lived in Memphis; this kind of program would need similar oversight.

Regarding the tent and the rock, paper, scissors analogy: FLIR penetrates tent.

Quote:
I lived in an apartment complex populated almost entirely by lesbians. It had a nice courtyard for sunning. That was more than somewhat frustrating at times. I guess i should've taken the hint when the nice ladies showed me the apartment.

Not bashing on the cops or the lezbeens; to each their own in those regards.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Last edited by orangello; 12-15-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #47
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4472 Times on 2358 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Meh behind the times. Anyone can get their own survelance drone for the price of an apple ipad and the cost of a ar drone. Total cost round 1500$ for the good version of the drone...

They are pretty quiet and have a decent range. More than enough to webcam that hottie next door sunbathing.

My opinion it violates expectation of privacy. I think redlight cameras are also a violation too. All that crap should have to meet the same hurdle as cops needing a warrant to search your home.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-15-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:23 AM   #48

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
That's not what I think of when I imagine armed aircraft though. I think of Cobras and Apaches.

Stinkin Marine pilots will tailgate a man when they're flying one of those.
Oh, you mean like this?

Old 12-16-2011, 03:45 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon
Oh my god, I laughed hysterically!

But no that's not exactly what I was taking about. At one point coming home from work when I was doing base security at a training facility right next to New River Air Station, I looked in my rearview and had an attack helo right on my ass. I kept hearing this strange thumping nose and thought something was wrong with my car, until I looked up and there it was! He was far enough back that his blades were clear of my car, but not by much, and he couldn't have been more than 5 feet off the ground. I had to pull over, I thought I was about to die of a heart attack at 21 years old!