Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Should I Trade?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7831 Times on 4520 Posts
Likes Given: 10086

Default Should I Trade?

I may have an opportunity to trade for a SIG P220. I have a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull that I have been considering trading off. Not sure if the guy is interested in the Ruger though. I have fired a similar SIG that a friend of mine has and it is a nice gun. I currently do not have anything in .45ACP, but I was hoping for a 1911.

What do you all think?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2845 Times on 1646 Posts
Likes Given: 16967

As long as you've considered where to get ammo , might be very , very , very , very KOOL..!

Old 05-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20052 Times on 11405 Posts
Likes Given: 50589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I may have an opportunity to trade for a SIG P220. I have a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull that I have been considering trading off. Not sure if the guy is interested in the Ruger though. I have fired a similar SIG that a friend of mine has and it is a nice gun. I currently do not have anything in .45ACP, but I was hoping for a 1911.

What do you all think?
the Sig p220 is one fine pistol as is the Ruger Redhawk. maybe someone that knows gun values would be able to assess the approximate value of both to see if it's an equal trade. if you don't shoot the Ruger alot or just don't enjoy it anymore, it might be a good trade.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #4

I reload and have everything I need to load up .45ACP in stock right now, so ammo availability is not a problem.

The Ruger is nice, but it is painful to shoot. I don't shoot it very often as a result. I could download the rounds but then what would be the point? I am ready to let it go for another good gun. I won't sell it outright, but only trade it. I would probably meet up with the guy so we can shoot what we would be getting in the trade. Full disclosure and all.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
People Like This 
Old 05-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #5

Quote:
I reload and have everything I need to load up .45ACP in stock right now, so ammo availability is not a problem.

The Ruger is nice, but it is painful to shoot. I don't shoot it very often as a result. I could download the rounds but then what would be the point? I am ready to let it go for another good gun. I won't sell it outright, but only trade it. I would probably meet up with the guy so we can shoot what we would be getting in the trade. Full disclosure and all.
sounds like a good plan and idea to me. let us know how it goes if you decide to trade.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
sounds like a good plan and idea to me. let us know how it goes if you decide to trade.
Axxe, do you have a SIG P220?

Quote:

Old 05-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Axxe, do you have a SIG P220?
i have shot a few Sigs in the past. very well made pistols. i have an Astra A100 in 9mm which is a Spanish made pistol made very similiar to the Sig P228. very solid and well made pistol. Sig has an excellent reputation for making quality firearms, but they are not cheap or cheaply made.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #8

Quote:
i have shot a few Sigs in the past. very well made pistols. i have an Astra A100 in 9mm which is a Spanish made pistol made very similiar to the Sig P228. very solid and well made pistol. Sig has an excellent reputation for making quality firearms, but they are not cheap or cheaply made.
Oh good Lord! I have an Astra 44 mag that I all but forgot about until you mentioned the name! Maybe I could toss that in on the trade LOL!

I am not a fan of the Astra...... at least not the one I have. I think I paid $40 for it.

Quote:

Old 05-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Oh good Lord! I have an Astra 44 mag that I all but forgot about until you mentioned the name! Maybe I could toss that in on the trade LOL!

I am not a fan of the Astra...... at least not the one I have. I think I paid $40 for it.
i think that's one of the older Astras. they use to make revolvers as well. mine was made in about the late 1990's IIRC.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #10

Quote:
i think that's one of the older Astras. they use to make revolvers as well. mine was made in about the late 1990's IIRC.
That is around when I got mine, I think mine was made in the '70's? It looks like a S&W Dirty Harry knock-off. As I remember it is missing a screw or has a broken screw. I should take it out and see. Maybe tomorrow. I am going to a Memorial Day barbecue at the range tomorrow, maybe I'll throw it in the truck when I go.

Quote:
axxe55 Likes This