Should I become an NRA member for life?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Should I become an NRA member for life?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default Should I become an NRA member for life?

My NRA membership has been expired for several months now and I recently decided I want to join again, I am wondering if a lifetime
membership is worth the cost? I know people have different opinions on the NRA and I wanted to know what everyone thought. Also, I read you can get a discounted membership if you are referred by another life member ? I can easily come up with 25$ a month for their easy pay life program. For those who know I'm a minor, yes I can make the payments but would it be better to join as a junior lifetime member? I kind of want the benefits of the full lifetime membership if I am even eligible?

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #2

Likes Given: 21

Yes yes yes

Old 05-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6336 Times on 3165 Posts
Likes Given: 6828

My first instincts are to say yes but then my other senses kick in and say they have everything to gain and all you save is some money. Your vote for the NRA of the Future is locked in no matter what it is or becomes. Like me saying I'm a Republican for life, thats been on pretty shaky ground in the last few years and there was a time I thought the Republicans were so different than the Dems. They all have one thing in common that is each other and not so much us over the long haul.

The Boy Scouts of America were once a group I thought I could love for life but todays BSA has sold out its principles to gain the seal of approval of the US government and its progression groupies. Gays and non believers werent flocking to the BSA for entry and they arent now that its inclusive and supportive of both. The NRA isnt a whole lot potentially less impactful than the BSA, if you can have outwardly gay atheists as Scoutmasters, how can you ever trust past performance as a lifetime indicator of what may come?

Only a few things in life I can solemnly swear my allegiance for life to- My God, Country, Wife and a true Friend are a some that come to mind. I cannot and will not ever do that with anything that has the constant attraction and power of greed and corruption inherent in its daily dealings. Thats not to say the NRA today isnt a great investment, I just cant say what it will be tomorrow so I take it a year at a time if I take it at all.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2241 Times on 1568 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

No, pay annually. Life has just begun, don't commit yourself long term to anythiung.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 361 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I'm a Life Member for many reasons. The main reason though is my Life Member vehicle emblem trumps all those puny regular member stickers.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 535 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Don't do it. I've been a member for years and the little bit I pay each year is not a hardship. As mentioned earlier, should you change your mind, you can quit. Once they have your money, it's gone for good.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 05-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 431 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 816

Good and valid question.

There are generally two questions to ask yourself – what’s in it for me and what’s in it for them?

For you to be a life member is bragg.n rights, and it can be economics, and you don’t have to worry if you are current with your dues and you’ll get a cooler gift.

So, what’s in it for them – a guaranteed membership number to stick in Obama’s face, a guaranteed 30 years’ worth of annual membership no matter if you live or die or go broke or…,.

However, if you choose lifetime and they change their mission to what you disagree with – they still have you a headcount.

Another side to look at is – if we have a pro-gun president in place and we, as a group, let our membership lapse vs. when an anti-gun president is in charge and we, as a group, all join back up, would that not also speak volumes?

If your goal is to really help the NRA, they would be best served if you are an annual member until you are old and then join as a Life Member; assuming you live for another 30 years and regularly support them. I’m sorry, I can’t really answer your question.

"Don't believe all quotes you read on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

People Like This 
Old 05-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i am a member of the NRA as well and have been for many, many years now and have been giving consideration in joining as a lifetime member rather than as yearly member.

honestly, i don't think we can make that decision for you. personally i see good points in either choice made by others here.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #9

Liked 1291 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1985

They have to earn my membership every year...I also send a monthly contribution to ILA....I'm watching them...........

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 05-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #10

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Im not sure now, I am leaning towards doing it but you guys do have some good points about speaking in volume and being able to choose to support them should they start doing stupid ****. I guess ill think on it a little longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.