Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Shot Skeet for the 1st time yesterday...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Shot Skeet for the 1st time yesterday...

For the lack of better or shorter word im calling it skeet lol. It was just in the back yard with another guy loadin up a Wallyworld $30 mechanical flinger,but it actually worked like a champ lol.

Ofcourse right out of the box i was cutting pieces off from it and modifiying it before i even tried it. It had a frame with 3 downward spikes to drive into the ground. I cut the spikes and made it so it would flat mount to a piece of 3/4 plywood. Added a lip to the platform so it could sit on the lip of my garden wagon lol.

Didnt want my buddy to have to crawl on the ground to operate this rig,so i made it so it was mobile and torso height,and whatta ya know it flung some clay!

Ive been waiting over a month to get out and try to hit somthing moving.So needless to say i was really excited.After shootin pistols i pulled out my Stoeger Coach and my buddy who has been teachin me firearms in general took one look at it and was like Eeeek, Man that is short! Might be a problem he says. Looking at his 870 im starting to get worried,but im still determined to give it my best "shot".

I did well =) There were alot of, Holy ****!s and Not Bads!!

Its pretty humbling being almost 35 and just starting to breech the world of firearms,but i guess that happens if you got nobody to teach ya when young or growing up. Thank god for Tom,who takes shootin very serious,so its not just like a shootin buddy, but more of a mentor. He wouldnt even hand me a gun until he had explained it fully and always adding in gen. saftey,always.

I know a Coach gun is far from being ideal for skeet,but ya know what? I dug it. I shot his 870 also,and man it was smooth. But i went right back to the Stoeger and felt right at home =)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19795 Times on 11238 Posts
Likes Given: 49889

way to go! sounds like you had fun. sounds like a pretty good friend and mentor as well.

vincent Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Heck yeah, its lots of fun. To anyone that ain't tried it, I say give it a try. I think you'll like!!!!
I mounted mine to an old tire.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1599 Times on 859 Posts
Likes Given: 2603

I googled your Stoeger Coach Gun. Looks nice! Is it stock? Also, you're never too old to take up shooting.