SHOT Show 2010 - Anyone Planning on Going?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > SHOT Show 2010 - Anyone Planning on Going??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

About the S.H.O.T. Show (FROM THE WEBSITE)

The SHOT Show is for the trade only and is not open to the general public.

Retail sales in the exhibition space is specifically forbidden and is cause for seizure of the booth and its closing.

There are NO retail booths..they are all exhibitor booths.

The complete exhibitor manual is available on line should you want to check your facts.

The NSSF is not very friendly about violations...they wanted to shut my booth down for showing a pair of handcuffs prior to the LE section.
I told management to follow me...we went to the Colt booth where there was a photo with handcuffs also....and insisted they shut down Colt first....or leave me alone. They went away.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm trying to talk the boss into two tickets for me and my baby for the upcoming show. I was in Vegas a few years back staying at the Stratosphere during the Shot Show and couldn't find anyone that would smuggle me in. I really just wanted to tell Ted to suck my wango-tango.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:58 AM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
About the S.H.O.T. Show (FROM THE WEBSITE)

The SHOT Show is for the trade only and is not open to the general public.

Retail sales in the exhibition space is specifically forbidden and is cause for seizure of the booth and its closing.

There are NO retail booths..they are all exhibitor booths.

The complete exhibitor manual is available on line should you want to check your facts.
Dude, I am getting the drift that you are trying to undermine what I know to be true.

Look, SHOT is a big show, but there are SEVERAL people who are at the show to make sales.

I can't speak for all the dealers, but I know that A LOT of people are looking to make money by way of sales. Hence THEIR reason for being there.....

Since I am going this year, or "next" year, I would be DELIGHTED to post my purchases.....

JD

Old 06-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I'll be there. But if you are coming, wear comfy shoes that you can walk about 10 miles in . Dress in comfy, yet business casual clothes if you want to get anyone to speak with you.

And if you can't dedicate at least 2 days, don't bother to come or you won't sleep until the next SHOT. Ha.

And bring a briefcase with a shoulder strap, as you will collect more brochures than you knew possible.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Dude, I am getting the drift that you are trying to undermine what I know to be true.

Look, SHOT is a big show, but there are SEVERAL people who are at the show to make sales.

I can't speak for all the dealers, but I know that A LOT of people are looking to make money by way of sales. Hence THEIR reason for being there.....

Since I am going this year, or "next" year, I would be DELIGHTED to post my purchases.....

JD
I think we can resolve this peacefully. I will PM you my shopping list.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #16

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I think we can resolve this peacefully. I will PM you my shopping list.
Oh! Oh! Oh!

Dear JD
I'd like an Aimpoint an ACOG, and a little plastic rocket ship!

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory