Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   SHOT Show 2010 - Anyone Planning on Going?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/shot-show-2010-anyone-planning-going-14736/)

Dillinger 06-12-2009 08:50 PM

SHOT Show 2010 - Anyone Planning on Going??

So, it's still like 6 months out, but I wanted to get it out there. Mrs. JD and I will be flying down to attend ( baring any unforeseen events - like loss of income, or winning the lottery and disappearing :D ).

SHOT is only the biggest industry show for shooting, hunting and outdoor life in the world and it only happens once a year. Ever want to hold an H&K Submachine gun? Or get behind the trigger of a Chey-tac or Barrett Rifle? Want to see what's new for 2010 before anyone else?? SHOT is for you....

SHOT show 2010 is in the middle of the week, which is great for hotel prices, but sucks for people with limited vacation.

January 19-22 in Vegas at the Sands Expo

SHOT Show 2010

Since it's kind of Central on the West Coast, I was wondering if anyone was planning on making the trek over....

JD

Benning Boy 06-12-2009 08:56 PM

I know you've mentioned the show before, but I don't recall anywhere where you said you got goodies. Are there things for sale there?:confused:

Dillinger 06-12-2009 09:01 PM

Not til the last day of the show on most items. But like last time I got a Kestrel Wind meter, and a cool free SHOT show upgrade kit, on the second day.

Some vendors are there to sell stuff everyday. Larger vendors are there to sign long term deals, like Kimber or H & K, but there is all sorts of free stuff they just give you, and you can buy just about anything if you are willing to wait on shipment....

EXCEPT for those bastards at AAC. *shaking fist* I had a check book ALL ready for that damn AAC Black Box suppressor and they wouldn't even sell it to me as a Vendor because they are holding out for a military contract. Bastards! :mad:

Ubergopher 06-12-2009 09:52 PM

Hmm... I might have to make a trip down there if I'm not somewhere hot and sandy.

skullcrusher 06-12-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubergopher (Post 116552)
Hmm... I might have to make a trip down there if I'm not somewhere hot and sandy.

Or at Betty Ford....:D

If I were to go, it would be hard to divide my time 'tween the show, the craps tables and the $1.99 buffets.

Ubergopher 06-12-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 116555)
Or at Betty Ford....:D

If I were to go, it would be hard to divide my time 'tween the show, the craps tables and the $1.99 buffets.

Hah. I'm hoping that wherever I deploy to would be better. I mean, I drink it up now. "Deploy" to a country we aren't in that everyone knows we're in, get 3 beers a day, then come back and go to Betty Ford and be good to go having weaned myself off the stuff. :p

AcidFlashGordon 06-12-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 116555)
....and the $1.99 buffets.

Er...where are those any more? I live in Las Vegas and there hasn't been a $1.99 buffet anywhere, including the homeless toilet called downtown (Fremont Street) for more years than I can remember.

Dgunsmith 06-13-2009 02:47 PM

The S.H.O.T. Show is a trade show for licensed FFL's, distributors, press and Law enforcement ONLY.

It is NOT a Gun Show, there is NOTHING available there for sale...doing so is against SHOT Show rules.

Orders are taken for delivery via existing distributor/dealer networks. Most manufacturers will not do direct sales.

It is a worldwide show and tell of everything gun related to the fun industry.

Dillinger 06-14-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dgunsmith (Post 116795)
The S.H.O.T. Show is a trade show for licensed FFL's, distributors, press and Law enforcement ONLY.

It is NOT a Gun Show, there is NOTHING available there for sale...doing so is against SHOT Show rules.

Orders are taken for delivery via existing distributor/dealer networks. Most manufacturers will not do direct sales.

It is a worldwide show and tell of everything gun related to the fun industry.

Not entirely true. It's not available for the general public, but all you need is to be associated with an FFL, the police, military, press - you don't need to be a card carrying Navy SeAL to get in...

There are TONS of things that are available for sale, provided the seller has a sales booth and not an exhibition booth.

Every dealer there takes orders for future deliveries, especially if you are a gun shop. :D

Two years ago I bought a Kestrel Wind Meter, a SOG TwitchXL for a friend, some boots from a new company called Haix ( I wouldn't recommend them ) and a holster.

Now, I wasn't buying a handgun or a rifle, but there were plenty of people willing to take an order and ship me one. :D

JD

Benning Boy 06-14-2009 05:51 PM

Does a C&R license count?:o