The Shopping List
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Shopping List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The Shopping List

Well like I've stated a lot...I'm new to guns....and what sucks is I may not have as healthy as of grow up period as most of you guys have had with a ban most likely coming.

On November 29th and 30th there is the Gun and Knife Show showing up here in my great state of Alabama and I'm trying to compose a shopping list for when I go there.

1st on the list even though I'm not a fan of ARs.....a stripped lower, or fully assembled lower for good price (I'm not going to ask you guys for the price right now....prices flux to much right now)

2nd on the List a genuine AK-47 at a good price....but I already have an SKS so I may be fine If I don't find a good deal.

Can anyone suggest anything else for when I go? I'm thinking about getting a makarov type pistol as well at some point....like a CZ-82 since CZ knows their **** from what I've had with my bro's CZ-75 PO1 Sex machine.

You can also make your own lists if you want, and if you think this is structured for liberal monkey scrutiny feel free to delete the thread or move it somewhere where it's less prone to. Just posted this here since it had rifles and pistol talk in this.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #2

It try to stick a used Ruger 10/22 in there if possible. Also maybe 22 revolver / semi-auto pistol (Ruger or S&W). I don't know your likes and dislikes (maybe you don't yet, either) or your budget. Those would be something to consider though and shouldn't break the bank.

You might have to be a member to buy though, if it is a club event. You might want to check before you go.

Just some suggestions.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Personally, I try not to buy guns at shows, as the prices tend to run a little high. Given the new political climate, I shudder to think what they'll go for now.

I'd have to go with a hi-cap pistol and as many magazines as you can afford, simply because capacity will be an issue in an AWB.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #4

Well I'd rather just buy it in person. I like that better since I can see the weapon. I'll most likely just buy a lower and that'll be it.

Also I'm only 18 so I'd like a hi-cap pistol but logically I couldn't purchase one here in the Bama's. My bro more than likely will just hand me down his CZ or another guy he buys when I turn 21 or when I get back from the Navy or some military force I'm thinking about joining.