Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Shootout in the Mojave Desert (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/shootout-mojave-desert-33522/)

Jo da Plumbr 10-25-2010 07:18 PM

Shootout in the Mojave Desert

5 Attachment(s)
I got a flyer from a guy I met about this camping / shooting trip out in the middle of nowhere. I decided to give it a try.

Wow, what a great time. Forty guys, men only, and was it a blast. Got there Thursday night after a four plus hour drive from LA. Everyone talking guns and showing guns and sharing guns. Great bunch of guys. I got to try some new for me stuff, like an SKS and a Mosin Nagent. They cooked up a big breakfast Saturday with bacon, eggs, sausage, grits, biscuits and gravy and fresh fruit. Then dinner was rib eye, (yes I ate the whole thing JD) corn and salad. Then a big get together around the bon fire.

We had shooting all day Friday and Saturday with an Annie Oakley skeet shoot Saturday afternoon. I blew off about 500 rounds of 556, 300 rounds of 45 and maybe 150 38 super. Plus a few handfuls of 12 gauge. Going to have to start building up the supply again.

Canít wait to go again in the spring.

Here are a few photos and more at the link below.

TG Shootout pictures by jodaplumbr - Photobucket

Oh yeah: Roscoe had fun too. But his fun was in chasing the feild mice, running ahead as I rode my mountain bike, and of course getting food handouts from the guys.

spittinfire 10-25-2010 07:29 PM

That sounds like an absolute blast!! Very few places you can do all that in my neck of the woods.

masterPsmith 10-25-2010 07:40 PM

What part of the Mojave Desert was it in ? I can get something going in my neck of the woods anytime, if anyone is interested.

Jim...........

SecPro 10-25-2010 07:44 PM

That sounded like one hell of a good time. Hope we all get to experience some fun like that. I'm jealous!!

Jo da Plumbr 10-25-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterPsmith (Post 374298)
What part of the Mojave Desert was it in ? I can get something going in my neck of the woods anytime, if anyone is interested.

Jim...........

It was well past nowhere (Indio) and just this side of the Twilight Zone (Blythe). A place called Chiriaco Summit. It was General Pattons practice range for his tank brigades.

masterPsmith 10-26-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 374307)
It was well past nowhere (Indio) and just this side of the Twilight Zone (Blythe). A place called Chiriaco Summit. It was General Pattons practice range for his tank brigades.

I know that area well, grew up off-roading that entire part of the desert.
You know that Patton had underground supply bunkers in that area to help supply his war effort, that still to this day, have not been found. They are said to contain tanks, jeeps, small arms and ammo. Patton's tank tracks are still visible in some areas.

Jim................

CA357 10-26-2010 02:23 PM

Looks like good times. :D