Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   Shooting Incident (

ScottG 02-28-2009 09:24 PM

Shooting Incident
5 Attachment(s)
Just a few minutes after coming home a helicopter started buzzing the area around my house. Noticed it was a police chopper and when it circles the area, you know something's up.

Whenever that happens I generally get out a gun and slip it into my pocket while taking a look outside while staying on my property. I had my little Colt Hammerless and two mags. There were a couple of police cruisers in the area, then more and more.

ScottG 02-28-2009 09:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
After seeing more than forty vehicles descend on the cul de sac across the street, I immediately discarded the idea of going for the Mak and I broke out the Garand and carbine instead in case something happened.

skullcrusher 02-28-2009 09:31 PM

Definite pucker factor. Don't leave us hangin' :eek:

ScottG 02-28-2009 09:37 PM

I decided I'd just watch after this....

ScottG 02-28-2009 09:38 PM

End of the story:

gorknoids 02-28-2009 10:45 PM

Were they picking up Obama's aunt for deportation? :confused:

Benning Boy 03-01-2009 03:51 PM

Yes, WTF was going on? Am I missing something?

ScottG 03-01-2009 05:02 PM

Most accounts indicate that a man wanted for murder was at the house with a woman and eight month old baby. Possible wife and child, but nothing at the time was known. The police responded to a domestic disturbance and the man was holding a knife on the woman. The man placed the baby outside and when one of the officers approached to take it away, the perp shot him. Grazed only. That's apparently when the troops rolled in.

It seems that while the wounded officer was being evacuated by ambulance, the perp killed the woman then himself. Everything was being deployed after this. I watched from the backyard until the police told us to go inside because they were going in and the cul de sac exited right into the back wall of my neighbor's house. We listened from the kitchen and a few minutes later a flash bang or concussion grenade was set off. Nothing else happened after that. I heard no shooting at all. About thirty minutes later, some officers were coming back out into the street, taking off their riot gear and vests.

Nothing was officially told to us, but we gathered that the guy and the hostage were already dead before the SWAT teams arrived on the scene. Guess the guy decided he wasn't going anywhere after shooting the cop and decided not to wait for a shootout. At least he let the baby go.

It was interesting watching them deploy and seeing snipers on the surrounding roofs. I did notice one strange thing. When the SWAT guys were moving towards the house, one of them had a silhouette target with him. I wondered what the reason for that was, but I was too far away to ask any of them once the incident was over. Any answers from LEO's on the board?

SGT-MILLER 03-01-2009 05:11 PM

Tucson, AZ?

The mountains look familiar (been there for awhile performing a job on Davis Monthan AFB).