Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Shooting at the DC Holocaust Museam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Why can't people who have a death wish just off themselves without taking others with them?

I almost equate this to suicide bombers...why in the *#$& do you blow yourself and countless other people up just because you're mad at someone about something?!?! Seriously?!?! Does that even make the tiniest bit of sense!?!?!

And then to think that you'll get rewarded for it....

Old 06-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
MSN is reporting that the guard died. RIP "Mr. Stephen Tyrone Jones, a six-year veteran of the museum"
RIP Mr. Jones, your service was not in vain.

Quote:
MSN reports "A law enforcement source said the gunman was shot in the face, and authorities say he is in critical condition." No RIP for you, hater.
Amen on that, and to the cop that shot him in the face, the first ten rounds are on us. Hopefully you saved us all the expense and insanity of a trial that would be pointless.

Quote:
They have commented that they cannot buy magazines that hold more than 10 rounds for rifles they are building up, doesn't seem like that law helped in this case.
We don't know that to be the case. Perhaps he shot ten times, but only hit two people and was changing mags? Maybe he had a boltgun? Still to many questions, and I haven't seen a report on the weapon that was used itself yet - please don't let it be a black rifle....

JD

Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 993 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Quote:
Note* CNN says the killer is from Maryland (presumably, right across the river). There are a couple of people in Maryland who are on another forum i frequent. They have commented that they cannot buy magazines that hold more than 10 rounds for rifles they are building up, doesn't seem like that law helped in this case.
I'm a maryland resident. I don't remember if its 10 or 12 or what but yeah there is a limit even for a .22. But its only a limit on PURCHASE not ownership. So you can buy them at PA gun shows or VA gun shows and be legal.

Also I heard it was a shotgun but haven't read the reports. I work not 5 minutes from the museum and drove past it on my way home and saw the flag at half staff. Just saw on the news that the guard died and that was why. Very sad.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 06-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #14

Prayers for the family of the fallen guard.

Just wish all gun owners didn't get lumped in with people like this. I've been watching the new sites for the call for more gun control. SIGH.