SHOOT THE PUCK! The hockey fan's asylum. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > SHOOT THE PUCK! The hockey fan's asylum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #21
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3178 Times on 2158 Posts
Likes Given: 689

I yell at the TV a lot more watching Hockey then I do watching a Football Game.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #22
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7145 Times on 4301 Posts
Likes Given: 8676

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I yell at the TV a lot more watching Hockey then I do watching a Football Game.....
Because there's a lot more action in a hockey game than a football game.
Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 02-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1971 Times on 1367 Posts
Likes Given: 1006

Football is a true people's game. It is the only major league sport where men with 100 pound overhung bellies are considered athletes, and are dressed in Lycra pants.

So far the only true surprise at the Games is Team Switzerland. What a defense. A tough nut to crack!

Old 02-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #24

Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts

Selanne just told Crosby to stop diving. I love it.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2564 Times on 1252 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

I have liked Hockey ever since young! And got jerseys as gifts from the family for special occasions like Christmas and Birthdays. living in the Indanapolis IN area. The Blackhawks have always been my team and still are. And I use to go to the Indy ICE Games in Indy throughout the years. Although now living in Tennessee I also root for the Nashville Predators being in the Western Division and a fairly new team when they play. That is when they are playing anyone but the Blackhawks!
Yes, the Olympics game against Russia was some game. WOW! And we have a great team as was proven in the Shootout! WOW! I hope we win for sure but we must get by Canada and Russia to do it. I think we can, but we will need to play some great hockey to do so.
I love the Olympic Games but my thought is why is in the Olympics NHL Players from the USA who were born in other countries playing against the USA where they live and make a great living? Just doesn't seem right. If you come to the USA to live make a great living and have an opportunity to play professional sports here you need to be playing for the USA and not against the USA! OH Well! Just a thought! But for sure the games would not be as good without the quality of players playing from the USA on other teams in the Olympics! The USA seemingly would flat Smoke Them! Anyway all that aside! GO USA!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 02-23-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #26
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7145 Times on 4301 Posts
Likes Given: 8676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Football is a true people's game. It is the only major league sport where men with 100 pound overhung bellies are considered athletes, and are dressed in Lycra pants.
Oh, geeze. I never thought of it that way. I would put a football player up against a soccer or hockey player and see who has more endurance and stamina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
I love the Olympic Games but my thought is why is in the Olympics NHL Players from the USA who were born in other countries playing against the USA where they live and make a great living? Just doesn't seem right. If you come to the USA to live make a great living and have an opportunity to play professional sports here you need to be playing for the USA and not against the USA! OH Well! Just a thought! But for sure the games would not be as good without the quality of players playing from the USA on other teams in the Olympics! The USA seemingly would flat Smoke Them! Anyway all that aside! GO USA!

The Blackhawk players who are playing for Sweden, Canada, etc. are playing for those teams because they are citizens of that country. The only athletes who can compete on the USA's behalf would be US citizens.
vincent Likes This 
Old 02-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It is odd indeed. The NHL has been an international league from the inception, and for a long time had no business playing at the Olympics. Hockey is just one discipline of many, but it requires huge resources, including a disruption in the NHL season.

The NHL Commission does not make a decision to do it. The owners and the Players' Association vote on this. What we have to gain there seems small to me. It's also weird to see NHL coaches coaching other teams' players against their own. I think the NHL needs to set its priorities straight, and leave the Olympics to college teams, which would be great for them too.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #28

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

[QUOTE=winds-of-change;1508026]Oh, geeze. I never thought of it that way. I would put a football player up against a soccer or hockey player and see who has more endurance and stamina.

The Blackhawk players who are playing for Sweden, Canada, etc. are playing for those teams because they are citizens of that country. The only athletes who can compete on the USA's behalf would be US citizens.[/QUOTE]

Yep...true dat...

Russia has two speed skaters who competed in past Olympics for other countries...One Asian, one European...

To bolster their speed skating medal hopes, they offered them citizenship and they now compete for Mother Russia...And voila' they got gold and silver last night...

Pretty damn dedicated to give up citizenship to achieve one's athletic goals...

Or, pretty damn unpatriotic, depends who you ask...

Russia thinks they're the NY Yankees...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 02-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Oh, geeze. I never thought of it that way. I would put a football player up against a soccer or hockey player and see who has more endurance and stamina.

Not just any player. If he happens to be an obese lineman, you'll lose your bet. He has no aerobic endurance to speak of. Others do his running. He is good for pushing objects out of his way. No such individuals are found even on Rugby teams, let alone soccer and ice hockey.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:24 AM   #30
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3178 Times on 2158 Posts
Likes Given: 689

I watched replays of Both US games today(i think it was NBCSP that Played Them) and I was Impressed! We actually have a Good (Mens) Team.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...