Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   SHOOT THE PUCK! The hockey fan's asylum. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/shoot-puck-hockey-fans-asylum-103617/)

Mercator 02-04-2014 12:39 AM

SHOOT THE PUCK! The hockey fan's asylum.

There seem to be a few Members scattered in the forum, who care about ice hockey. Let's congregate. Please state your team affiliation. As a faceoff question, who's getting the Cup this year. Who's winning the Olympics. Or anything hockey you would like to share.

winds-of-change 02-04-2014 06:25 AM

I am a Blackhawks fan all the way. My Dad watched them when I was a kid and I've been a fan all my life. The 'Hawks have an incredible team this year, as they have the last few years. And Coach Q is superb, too. They are in line for the playoffs this year. Another Stanley cup? I'm not so sure this time. Last year I knew they would get it almost from the get-go. This year, I can only hope so.

Mercator 02-04-2014 09:25 AM

For the Red Wings, I am starting to think maybe its best to forfeit the rest of the season and get some draft picks.

NC1760 02-04-2014 10:42 AM

I LOVE hockey..... and I refuse to take part. I predict this thread will end badly.

Jagermeister 02-04-2014 10:55 AM

Go team USA!!!!!!!

Chestys1911 02-04-2014 11:46 AM

Penguins fan here.

Sent from my DROID3 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Mercator 02-04-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chestys1911 (Post 1498290)
Penguins fan here.

I am a little concerned about what the Russians might do to Crosby. As well as to any star.

I brought it up last night on the Espo show on the NHL satellite channel. Phil E said, he would not send them there, but it is not Bettman's decision, the owners and the players assoc vote on that. He said he had voted against it while in Tampa Bay.

Chestys1911 02-04-2014 01:12 PM

Yeah, its sucks that terrorism is always a concern. The Russians love hockey as much as we do so hopefully that protects them out of respect

Mercator 02-04-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chestys1911 (Post 1498351)
Yeah, its sucks that terrorism is always a concern. The Russians love hockey as much as we do so hopefully that protects them out of respect

On ice! The host team has a lot more at stake than anyone. It is their Stanley Cup and more! The KHL will want to make a statement. They will be fighting. Has anyone seen the World Juniors between the US and Russia? The anger, the taunting? See the Russian coach gesture to the US bench on YouTube. You will not regret it. Or maybe you will, so caution.

buckhuntr 02-05-2014 01:52 AM

My Dad always said hockey's something you do in the outhouse, not on skates.
He also called basketball "armpit ball", because all you see is elbows and armpits.:p