Shaking from shooting?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Shaking from shooting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Default Shaking from shooting?

I've noticed when I go shooting my right hand shakes, a lot. Normally I only shoot long guns and from a bench or with a sling it isn't noticeable, but if I shoot pistol I'm all over the place. My left hand doesn't shake anywhere near as much as my right but I can't shot left handed. Anybody else have this problem, if so how did you overcome it or do I just live with it?
I hope this is the correct section to put this in.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #2

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

How heavy is the gun and are you strong enough for it? Try working out!?

Old 05-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I see it all the time for various reasons. I need more info. Are you shooting long guns prior to your handgun? Are there people around you? Are you stressed? Is your heart pumping while loading your gun or are breathing heavy? Does the gun have a big recoil? Is it a very light gun? Etc...

Old 05-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by thum1995 View Post
I've noticed when I go shooting my right hand shakes, a lot. Normally I only shoot long guns and from a bench or with a sling it isn't noticeable, but if I shoot pistol I'm all over the place. My left hand doesn't shake anywhere near as much as my right but I can't shot left handed. Anybody else have this problem, if so how did you overcome it or do I just live with it?
I hope this is the correct section to put this in.
could be a medical condition. might try seeing doctor and having it checked out.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
I see it all the time for various reasons. I need more info. Are you shooting long guns prior to your handgun? Are there people around you? Are you stressed? Is your heart pumping while loading your gun or are breathing heavy? Does the gun have a big recoil? Is it a very light gun? Etc...
I was shooting a Glock in .40 so weight is no issue. Yes there were other people at the range, and yes I've shoot long guns for year and only shot handguns occasionally. My hand shakes every time I shoot: rifle, pistol, shotgun it just isn't as noticeable with long guns.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
How heavy is the gun and are you strong enough for it? Try working out!?
It was a Glock in .40 weights no issue. I work out daily.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #7

Quote:
I was shooting a Glock in .40 so weight is no issue. Yes there were other people at the range, and yes I've shoot long guns for year and only shot handguns occasionally. My hand shakes every time I shoot: rifle, pistol, shotgun it just isn't as noticeable with long guns.
could be nerves, could be high blood pressure. could be many different things. do you consume large intakes of drinks with caffiene?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

could be nerves, could be high blood pressure. could be many different things. do you consume large intakes of drinks with caffiene?
Could be caffeine, my blood pressures normal (any other time) I'm not sure about nerves. I was thinking maybe I should try and shoot alone see if it's any better.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Could be nerves or caffeine, I never really thought about that. My blood pressure is usually normal. Thanks, Ill lay off the caffeine and try shooting alone and see if it's any better.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Could be nerves or caffeine, I never really thought about that. My blood pressure is usually normal. Thanks, Ill lay off the caffeine and try shooting alone and see if it's any better.
might check into seeing a doctor. get a full check up done. does this happen when doing other activities or just shooting?

what type of work do you do for a living? could be muscle fatigue.