Shaking from shooting?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Shaking from shooting?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
thum1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Default Shaking from shooting?

I've noticed when I go shooting my right hand shakes, a lot. Normally I only shoot long guns and from a bench or with a sling it isn't noticeable, but if I shoot pistol I'm all over the place. My left hand doesn't shake anywhere near as much as my right but I can't shot left handed. Anybody else have this problem, if so how did you overcome it or do I just live with it?
I hope this is the correct section to put this in.

__________________
thum1995 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

How heavy is the gun and are you strong enough for it? Try working out!?

__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jagermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,814
Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default

I see it all the time for various reasons. I need more info. Are you shooting long guns prior to your handgun? Are there people around you? Are you stressed? Is your heart pumping while loading your gun or are breathing heavy? Does the gun have a big recoil? Is it a very light gun? Etc...

__________________
Jagermeister is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thum1995 View Post
I've noticed when I go shooting my right hand shakes, a lot. Normally I only shoot long guns and from a bench or with a sling it isn't noticeable, but if I shoot pistol I'm all over the place. My left hand doesn't shake anywhere near as much as my right but I can't shot left handed. Anybody else have this problem, if so how did you overcome it or do I just live with it?
I hope this is the correct section to put this in.
could be a medical condition. might try seeing doctor and having it checked out.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
thum1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
I see it all the time for various reasons. I need more info. Are you shooting long guns prior to your handgun? Are there people around you? Are you stressed? Is your heart pumping while loading your gun or are breathing heavy? Does the gun have a big recoil? Is it a very light gun? Etc...
I was shooting a Glock in .40 so weight is no issue. Yes there were other people at the range, and yes I've shoot long guns for year and only shot handguns occasionally. My hand shakes every time I shoot: rifle, pistol, shotgun it just isn't as noticeable with long guns.
__________________
thum1995 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
thum1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
How heavy is the gun and are you strong enough for it? Try working out!?
It was a Glock in .40 weights no issue. I work out daily.
__________________
thum1995 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thum1995 View Post
I was shooting a Glock in .40 so weight is no issue. Yes there were other people at the range, and yes I've shoot long guns for year and only shot handguns occasionally. My hand shakes every time I shoot: rifle, pistol, shotgun it just isn't as noticeable with long guns.
could be nerves, could be high blood pressure. could be many different things. do you consume large intakes of drinks with caffiene?
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
willshoum Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
thum1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

could be nerves, could be high blood pressure. could be many different things. do you consume large intakes of drinks with caffiene?
Could be caffeine, my blood pressures normal (any other time) I'm not sure about nerves. I was thinking maybe I should try and shoot alone see if it's any better.
__________________
thum1995 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
thum1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

could be nerves, could be high blood pressure. could be many different things. do you consume large intakes of drinks with caffiene?
Could be nerves or caffeine, I never really thought about that. My blood pressure is usually normal. Thanks, Ill lay off the caffeine and try shooting alone and see if it's any better.
__________________
thum1995 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thum1995 View Post
Could be nerves or caffeine, I never really thought about that. My blood pressure is usually normal. Thanks, Ill lay off the caffeine and try shooting alone and see if it's any better.
might check into seeing a doctor. get a full check up done. does this happen when doing other activities or just shooting?

what type of work do you do for a living? could be muscle fatigue.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Have fun with this shooting Dearhunter General Rifle Discussion 9 08-01-2012 06:08 AM
Shaking while shooting. Hectocotylus Training & Safety 21 04-14-2012 04:24 PM
Help to stop my shaking and trigger pull failing Garadex Training & Safety 24 03-18-2012 11:30 PM