Severely infected cyst. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Severely infected cyst.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
...Now THAT would've made for some interesting conversations...
And good bait!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1931 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I find myself wondering if they considered introducing maggots into the wound to clean it up. Now THAT would've made for some interesting conversations as the mass moved around.
They still do use maggots in hospitals, but I don't think they would use them in a deep hole and not beable to recover them all.....Raw honey will help it heal faster. applied like a salve...............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 03-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #43

Liked 314 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 27

A work buddy back in the mid 1990's had one of those cysts for a few years in his right posterior. He tried to do surgery on himself to remove it, was unsuccessful, and created a worse infection than when he started to carve on it. Cost him 3 days in the hospitol and two weeks off of work and the infection damn near killed him. He said cyst and infection they removed was about the size of a grape fruit.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Home remedys..........

you ever heared of black salve......a welding buddy of mine had a grothe in the middle of his back, he refused medical treatment. He suffered for a month wilst his mother cont. to use black salve......it finaly ruptured, he had a hole in his back the size of a silver dollar, Then he went to the doctor......Next time go to the vet, then the Dr....... Why the vet you ask, only a vet can look into a jackasses eyes and say whats wrong with him......lol

Old 03-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #45

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Man, you have no idea how much I agree with LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE! Just had a dime sized chunk taken out of my back that was confirmed melanoma. They caught it nice and early and said it would have absolutely turned into cancer. She was on me for a couple years now to have my sun spots looked at. Well, it could have saved my life now.

Moral of the story....wear sunscreen kids

image-3501534969.jpg

Old 03-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Man, you have no idea how much I agree with LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE! Just had a dime sized chunk taken out of my back that was confirmed melanoma. They caught it nice and early and said it would have absolutely turned into cancer. She was on me for a couple years now to have my sun spots looked at. Well, it could have saved my life now.

Moral of the story....wear sunscreen kids

Attachment 91264
You make sure you take that wonderful woman you call your wife out for a nice dinner after this!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #47

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Right on brother....I have been extra nice the last few days but yeah tonight would be a perfect night out.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP I'm glad they took care of ya in time. Hey that infection may have spread to the muscle tissue of you waited too long and that would suck!!

Happy recovery and cheers

Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default some times...........

women ain't allways all knowing, lol, my wife said that i had an unusual lump on one of my testicles. I went to the Doctor and he said that i had Lackofnookie....... oooops wrong thread......

Old 03-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #49

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Today sucked, we tried Monday night to cut it out and my wife said the words I feared "There's too much, I can't do it" I went to work Tuesday and it just got worse, this morning my wife was "Your going to the ER" ....damn I hate that place.

It was a lump for ten years, my wife is a nurse and she always said "you should get that thing cut out" and I always thought "Cut out!!! f-that!"
That looks/sounds really painful. I feel for you. I'm just wondering because I have quite a few of the white-looking grape-like type and I'm hoping mine won't ever get like that, but yours doesn't look like mine do. Normally they remove the type I have by cutting a slit, pulling them out whole (if possible) and just stitch it up.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #50
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1094 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 242

What is the underlying reason this happened?

What did the AMA bunch call it exactly? Ask to read their chart.

Vitimans, minerals, healthy food, will go a long way in keeping boils from forming in the first place, and healing you once you get one.

I would walk into a major ma and pop health food store and talk to the manager, and get their recomdatuons about what should be added to your diet to keep this from happening again, and heal this one.

Doctors tend to treat symptoms, so they do not run out of clientele.

90,000 people in the USA die each year from infections, many times, infections they got in the hospital.

I would be drinking maximum safe doses of colloidal silver, if it were me. The health food store can give you information on what that is, and what it does, or Google it.

Find the radio and internet broadcast of Dr. Joel Wallich. He has a book called, dead doctors don't lie. He is a medical doctor and a animal doctor, DVM as well. He is very much against the way the AMA does things.

The pain drugs they put you on, to dig around in you, the ones you think did nothing? Be thankful they did give them to you, because the pain you felt, was only a fraction of the pain it would have been.

Last edited by AR10; 03-18-2013 at 05:00 PM.