Seriously...the problem with society revealed. - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Seriously...the problem with society revealed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Maybe I'm off here but I'll ask anyways. Why is it that rap and games are blamed for violence? I listened to rap growing up as I grew up in an impoverished neighborhood aka the ghetto as one of 5 or so white kids in the entire community. I think it's no different than blaming the gun for a mass killing. Psychotropic drugs I can understand because they alter the chemical makeup of the brain. Take away the rap music and video games and this kind of stuff would still go on.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1592 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Things like this have always gone on. There has always been the girl that shows up at a party and lets the boys have their way. There have always been women who seek attention in this manner. The only difference is today when she wakes up the next day and no one wants anything to do with her she screams rape and the police make arrests. That is the only thing that has changed. Back in the day the police the police showed a little sense. They knew that if everyone was involved it wasn't a rape.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-04-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #13

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I'm with you there. I was raised on quake, doom, contra, and played about every violent game out there. I like some old dirty, the WuTang clan, and some of the old school rap. Never wanted to shoot anybody, rape, or show disrespect to anybody that didn't show me disrespect first. I think the problem is people are not whooping that ass often enough on kids between 6-14 year olds. My kids get a regular attitude adjustment when necessary. Sometime fear of god is not enough. But fear of what dad or grandpa might do or think of them works every time.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #14

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

A big factor in the decrease in crime is actually video games themselves.
I don't have a link to the study on me, but I've seen it.

YouTube, Penn & Teller, video game BS.

Turns out, kids who used to go out looking for trouble, or incidentally finding trouble, are now at home playing video games.

I can attest to this, as my youth was spent shooting BB guns at cars and house windows... And setting fires.

I still turned out normal. :-D

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
A big factor in the decrease in crime is actually video games themselves.
I don't have a link to the study on me, but I've seen it.

YouTube, Penn & Teller, video game BS.

Turns out, kids who used to go out looking for trouble, or incidentally finding trouble, are now at home playing video games.

I can attest to this, as my youth was spent shooting BB guns at cars and house windows... And setting fires.

I still turned out normal(ish). :-D
Fixed it for ya

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 01-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #16

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Maybe I'm off here but I'll ask anyways. Why is it that rap and games are blamed for violence? I listened to rap growing up as I grew up in an impoverished neighborhood aka the ghetto as one of 5 or so white kids in the entire community. I think it's no different than blaming the gun for a mass killing. Psychotropic drugs I can understand because they alter the chemical makeup of the brain. Take away the rap music and video games and this kind of stuff would still go on.
Glad you turned out fine. I guess I didn't have to go through the trouble with my boys. Sports activities, scouts, hunting and fishing didn't influence them that much anyway...they would have turned out fine regardless what direction my wife and I helped them along in....It's all good.

Well if corrupt gave a f*** about a b***h, I'd always be broke.

I'd never have no mot*******in' en-do to smoke...

I have no love for hoes, that's something that I learned in the past

So how am I supposed to pay this hoe

Just the latest hoe

I know the p****s mine, so I'm gonna f*** a couple more times.

And then I'm through wit' it.

There's nothing else to do wit' it.

Pass it to the homey, now you hit it.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #17

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Let me add that I don't necessarily agree that these mass killings are a product of rap music. Many known and unknown factors contribute to that.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Glad you turned out fine. I guess I didn't have to go through the trouble with my boys. Sports activities, scouts, hunting and fishing didn't influence them that much anyway...they would have turned out fine regardless what direction my wife and I helped them along in....It's all good.

Well if corrupt gave a f*** about a b***h, I'd always be broke.

I'd never have no mot*******in' en-do to smoke...

I have no love for hoes, that's something that I learned in the past

So how am I supposed to pay this hoe

Just the latest hoe

I know the p****s mine, so I'm gonna f*** a couple more times.

And then I'm through wit' it.

There's nothing else to do wit' it.

Pass it to the homey, now you hit it.
My favorite rock song is, "Bullet with your name on it" by NonPoint.

Lyrics

"My disposition is in a position for all to see.
Regretless for how it feels.
I got a bullet with a name on it.
Bullet with a name.

Because the cause for all, the pause you think you see
Is really concentration on the steel.
I got a bullet with a name on it.
Bullet with a name.

See everybody watching and passing judgement
On every little move and decision I make.
How can I be an individual with the weight of the world
With 8 other planets to take?
And with everything happening
Gunshots clappin' and people all
Runnin in every direction
With their hands up prayin for the drama to end,
I got my hand out lookin for some money to spend."

I don't understand a lot of the rap today, but in the end it's about positive influences and discipline. The Columbine murderers were into Rock music or grunge (whatever that is) but I think what has hurt us as a society is that parents are disconnected from their kids. With busy lives and the cost of living if there are two parents, they usually both work and don't give their kids the time of day. My daughter who is 6 goes to gymnastics once a week and as my wife and I sit there and watch her, waive hi, give a thumbs up, I can't tell you how many other parents are on their phone or IPAD or doing something with an electronic device instead of watching their kids. My family eats at the table every night, but that's the exception now a days rather than the norm for a lot of families. Who knows maybe there should be some studies on the effects and see what comes about.

Member:

Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Jail is expensive, bullets are cheap.

Treat those boys like they would have been treated in the 1800s. Give them a trial, then either string them up, or fill them full of hot lead.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
People want a scape goat. They don't want to take responsibility for them selves, or accept that people are responsible for their own actions. They would rather blame the tool than the person. Guns, video games, music, movies, ect. None of these causes a person to commit a crime. I own several guns. I have never shot anyone. I've played video games and watched violent movies for years, but I haven't been in a fight since 7th grade. That wasn't much of a fight anyways.
You have to already be effed up in the head for any of these to have that kind of effect on you. Look at every shooting in the last century. Most, if not all of them was committed my someone who should have been in a mental hospital instead of out with the general public.