A Serious Question - Hoping For Serious Answers

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A Serious Question - Hoping For Serious Answers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default A Serious Question - Hoping For Serious Answers

Have you ever taken another human being's life?

In the line of duty, for our beloved military men and women. In self defense, for those who were being mugged or attacked. In defense of a loved one, or even a total stranger, opting to be a sheepdog instead of a sheep.

I expect this thread to generate a lot of emotional response, if very few actual typed responses. As someone who is about to get into the world of having the power to end another life, to remove another human being from this planet's existence if they threaten to do the same to me or anyone I love, I want to know what you feel it's like, from someone who's been there before. From someone who has rightfully taken steps to stop a lethal threat.

Is it something you can describe? Is it something that can be anticipated? Can it be compensated for by putting yourself in a certain mindset once you realize what's happened? Is there a certain instinct or natural inclination that makes it easier or more difficult to cope with after all is said and done?

Please, discuss.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I am not entirely comfortable with the direction of this thread, especially in the open forum.

I am going to close this, for now. Please PM me your intentions and I will forward this on to the Site Admin and see what he thinks.

I think the information that could come out, will greatly be overshadowed by the amount of misinformation that will be attracted here...

JD

Closed Thread