Seniors Thread - Page 86
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Seniors Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #851
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4530 Times on 2506 Posts
Likes Given: 22922

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Oh, believe me. I don't toss and turn. When I go to sleep, I certainly sleep!
There you have it , the first sign of getting older !
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 02-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #852
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4530 Times on 2506 Posts
Likes Given: 22922

PA great little story Ampa ...!

My story is similar except ...........
The dog and I get to the door . I open it , try to get the leash on and to my still sleeping brain , I forgot to put his collar back on . He is now barking and harassing my one not so pleasant neighbor ......Eeeek..! I turn and run to get his collar and slip on the ice that I did not notice . After a few choice words , i ooze back to the door , crawl back in and grab his leash .

The leash is on a shelf to keep it from the cat who thinks it is a dog . He also eats the dog food so in my haste , I do not notice that I put the open bag , 50lbs of dog food on the same shelf , pulling it down while grabbing the leash . Yeah ,
Down comes crashing an open bag of dog food . I then run out to round up the dog , apologize to my not so like-able neighbor , AGAIN and let him do his thang .
Dog done , I return to the house , slip on the ice again , the dog dragging me behind face first , yes , he's a big dog and a few more choice words ..!

I finally get us both back in to the warmth of our home . After picking the snow out of numerous places upon my person , it's time to clean the mess , dog food .
I find myself aching from my new falls + the old one's tackling the mess at hand .
A little ways into the mess , I find myself counting the pieces of dog food as I pick them up ..........why....? I have no idea ...! This may also be an old person thing ...? ...... 42,001....42,002.....etc. .......!

Yes , it's a great day to be alive , ......Oooouch....!

Last edited by dango; 02-07-2015 at 03:28 AM.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 02-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #853

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2090 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 6230

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmPaTerry View Post
I praise God for the miracle of His creation.
And at that moment, I have no pain - no weakness - only gratitude for yet another morning to enjoy - -
Amen................