Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Seniors Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16783 Times on 9730 Posts
Likes Given: 43815

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Oh, ouch. Talk about hitting below the belt...
Wolf, just because i'm getting old, i still don't want anything hiiting me below the belt!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #72
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 1717 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Oh, ouch. Talk about hitting below the belt...
Now that's punny.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #73

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

i have not been around much, been under the weather lately . hope i feel better soon ! richone

Old 07-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #74

Liked 1348 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Default Walking with a limp........

Back in the day in High school, I could not walk behind the girls that were in the cheerleaders squad, when we were changing classes.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #75

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by richone View Post
i have not been around much, been under the weather lately . hope i feel better soon ! richone
I hope you're feeling better soon, too.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #76

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by richone View Post
Glad to see you're able to punch the keyboard!

Get well!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-07-2012, 04:47 AM   #77

Liked 56 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Well I finally found the Geezer Forum! Good to hear that I'm not the only one who can give an "organ-recital" when the subject of health comes up. I had big, brown cataracts cut out of both eyes in February and March and artificial lenses implanted. Now my distance vision is the equal of what I had in my 20's but the sharpness starts just beyond the end of my arm and the front sight of the longest pistol I own (single-action-Army with 7 1/2-inch barrel). To make up for this I am putting white, reflective tape on my front sights (poor-man's light-pipe). I have bifocals for reading that just don't have the needed range so I am still experimenting. I'm working on a Weaver stance but that gets me a little close to the 'rabbit-ears' of flame from my Glock .40 with the compensated barrel and all the commotion that goes on when my 1911 goes bang. So I mostly shoot at "combat range" (3-7 yards) and work on body-armor drills. The arthritis in my thumb joints makes it hard to load my magazines (even the .380) so I have devices to help. I'm also getting some tools to make take down of my Glock (GTUL) and 1911 (spring-plug tool) easier. I enjoy getting back into shooting, I'm just glad that nobody is shooting back this time like in '68-'69. Can anybody recommend some "geezer-sights" for a Glock, a 1911 and a S&W Bodyguard .380?

Old 08-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #78

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEagleEars View Post
The arthritis in my thumb joints makes it hard to load my magazines (even the .380) so I have devices to help.
My left thumb and elbow has arthritis. Whenever I buy a new semi-auto, I always automatically buy a speed loader for whatever caliber I just bought. If I load without a speed loader, my left thumb is screamin' for days.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #79
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 1717 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEagleEars View Post
Well I finally found the Geezer Forum! Good to hear that I'm not the only one who can give an "organ-recital" when the subject of health comes up. I had big, brown cataracts cut out of both eyes in February and March and artificial lenses implanted. Now my distance vision is the equal of what I had in my 20's but the sharpness starts just beyond the end of my arm and the front sight of the longest pistol I own (single-action-Army with 7 1/2-inch barrel). To make up for this I am putting white, reflective tape on my front sights (poor-man's light-pipe). I have bifocals for reading that just don't have the needed range so I am still experimenting. I'm working on a Weaver stance but that gets me a little close to the 'rabbit-ears' of flame from my Glock .40 with the compensated barrel and all the commotion that goes on when my 1911 goes bang. So I mostly shoot at "combat range" (3-7 yards) and work on body-armor drills. The arthritis in my thumb joints makes it hard to load my magazines (even the .380) so I have devices to help. I'm also getting some tools to make take down of my Glock (GTUL) and 1911 (spring-plug tool) easier. I enjoy getting back into shooting, I'm just glad that nobody is shooting back this time like in '68-'69. Can anybody recommend some "geezer-sights" for a Glock, a 1911 and a S&W Bodyguard .380?
If your distance vision is good how about a laser sight? I personally hate the things, but they may be just what you need.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #80

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Well, guess I'll join in. Over the last year I have developed a tremor in my hands. Seems like it never goes away. Get up with it, go to bed with it. Dr. says he doesn't think it's Parkinsons or anything. He thinks that the pain in my neck and back have something to do with it, as well as the nerve damage. Some days it just plays hell with any fine motor skill work. Not really expecting any thing from you all except letting me complain. So, Thanks!

USN Vet
Retired LEO
" o xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hote tede
keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"