Seniors Thread - Page 43
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Seniors Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #421
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2399 Times on 1454 Posts
Likes Given: 2518

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
As we age we lose our friends and spouses. I lost my wife of 32 yrs. on the first of April.
Together we had watched friends and relatives pass on and it finally came our turn to go through it .
Guys and gals, Remember to hug your loved ones every day.
Wow. Tough reminder. Sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there. Other friends can't replace a spouse, but they can help. Plenty of folks here to talk to if you need.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #422

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Well OK Then,having a Doctor blind my right eye,affected my shooting ability's,and tossed my days of gunsmithing days out the window.

Got heart disease along with lung problems,plus bad arthritis makes Buck Hunting impossible,shrapnel wounds in my right leg makes balancing risky,and I have fallen.

I'll be 74 in June,I guess I'm still LUCKY!

Old 05-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #423
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankStone View Post
Well OK Then,having a Doctor blind my right eye,affected my shooting ability's,and tossed my days of gunsmithing days out the window.

Got heart disease along with lung problems,plus bad arthritis makes Buck Hunting impossible,shrapnel wounds in my right leg makes balancing risky,and I have fallen.

I'll be 74 in June,I guess I'm still LUCKY!
Wow, that's a bummer. I'll be 74 this summer. As I understand it, 74 is the cutoff age, where Obamacare won't pay for medical treatment any more. I guess that's when they send you to the Soylent Green factory...

Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #424

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Wow, that's a bummer. I'll be 74 this summer. As I understand it, 74 is the cutoff age, where Obamacare won't pay for medical treatment any more. I guess that's when they send you to the Soylent Green factory...
I have three Health Policies,I don't need Obama's hand,Thank The Lord!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #425
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default I am sorrowed by your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
As we age we lose our friends and spouses. I lost my wife of 32 yrs. on the first of April.
Together we had watched friends and relatives pass on and it finally came our turn to go through it .
Guys and gals, Remember to hug your loved ones every day.

By Charles H. Spurgeon "Morning and Evening". A daily devotional book.
“Man ... is of few days, and full of trouble.”

Job 14:1

It may be of great service to us, before we fall asleep, to remember this mournful fact, for it may lead us to set loose by earthly things. There is nothing very pleasant in the recollection that we are not above the shafts of adversity, but it may humble us and prevent our boasting like the Psalmist in our morning’s portion. “My mountain standeth firm: I shall never be moved.” It may stay us from taking too deep root in this soil from which we are so soon to be transplanted into the heavenly garden. Let us recollect the frail tenure upon which we hold our temporal mercies. If we would remember that all the trees of earth are marked for the woodman’s axe, we should not be so ready to build our nests in them. We should love, but we should love with the love which expects death, and which reckons upon separations. Our dear relations are but loaned to us, and the hour when we must return them to the lender’s hand may be even at the door. The like is certainly true of our worldly goods. Do not riches take to themselves wings and fly away? Our health is equally precarious. Frail flowers of the field, we must not reckon upon blooming forever. There is a time appointed for weakness and sickness, when we shall have to glorify God by suffering, and not by earnest activity. There is no single point in which we can hope to escape from the sharp arrows of affliction; out of our few days there is not one secure from sorrow. Man’s life is a cask full of bitter wine; he who looks for joy in it had better seek for honey in an ocean of brine. Beloved reader, set not your affections upon things of earth: but seek those things which are above, for here the moth devoureth, and the thief breaketh through, but there all joys are perpetual and eternal. The path of trouble is the way home. Lord, make this thought a pillow for many a weary head!

I am truly sorrowed by your loss. My precious wife and I have been blessed with 42 years of marriage thus far...

Last edited by johnr1943; 05-04-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Title

Old 05-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #426
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2080 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 1022

I was having problems with my eyes, cataracts. Things just kept getting dimmer (slowly). I got both eyes done and I see better now than I did 30 years ago!
Other than making one to many 'night jumps' which messed up my knees, and just the general loss of strength and endurance, I am faring well. I consider myself very blessed after 65 HARD years on this earth to have everything still attached and working (reasonably) well!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 05-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #427
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7824 Times on 4697 Posts
Likes Given: 9853

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I was having problems with my eyes, cataracts. Things just kept getting dimmer (slowly). I got both eyes done and I see better now than I did 30 years ago!
Other than making one to many 'night jumps' which messed up my knees, and just the general loss of strength and endurance, I am faring well. I consider myself very blessed after 65 HARD years on this earth to have everything still attached and working (reasonably) well!!
My Dad had cataract surgery a few years ago. He said it was an easy surgery and it made a big difference in his eyesight.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #428
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5156 Times on 1773 Posts
Likes Given: 1529

Quote:
Other than making one to many 'night jumps' which messed up my knees.
Not just the night jumps, don't know too many fellow Fallschirmjägers that have good knees if they made over a hundred exits from an aircraft in flight.

NSDQ

Like it or not, when the chips are down and lives are at stake, an armed citizen can be the "first responder." People who don’t like guns invariably rely on people who have guns when their lives are in danger.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 05-06-2013 at 10:29 AM.
kandypenny44 Likes This 
Old 05-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #429
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2080 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 1022

[quote=Threetango;1237836]

Quote:
Other than making one to many 'night jumps' which messed up my knees.

Not just the night jumps, don't know too many fellow Fallschirmjägers that have good knees if they made over a hundred exits from an aircraft in flight.

True, but the last night jump was the bad one. Torn anterior chrouchat ligament and the meniscus in both knees was damaged.
The ground hit me in the ars before I was ready for it!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 05-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #430
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I can sympathize with old George Burns. He used to say, "I'm so old that all my joints are stiff except the one that's supposed to be stiff".
Me too.