Seniors Thread - Page 42
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Seniors Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #411
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

That gives a whole new meaning to the term, Dry Tet!!

Old 04-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #412
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 437 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 926

Default ne of the really bad things about aging.

As we age we lose our friends and spouses. I lost my wife of 32 yrs. on the first of April.
Together we had watched friends and relatives pass on and it finally came our turn to go through it .
Guys and gals, Remember to hug your loved ones every day.

Last edited by widowmaker; 04-12-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: pushed enter to soon.
People Like This 
Old 04-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #413
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
As we age we lose our friends and spouses. I lost my wife of 32 yrs. on the first of April.
Together we had watched friends and relatives pass on and it finally came our turn to go through it .
My condolences.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #414
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8754 Times on 5230 Posts
Likes Given: 11612

Quote:
I am so sorry, WM. What a life changing event. I hope you have friends and family to help you through this time. Do you have grown children who live nearby?

Old 04-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #415
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:

My ultimate condolences to you now. Ya know, a long time ago, a very long time ago actually, I was just a boy and I went to a little church down the road from where I lived. There was an older lady named Mrs. King who taught a Sunday school there. She had a wonderful way of teaching young hearts like mine at the time all the analogies God puts in front of us each day to give us a clue as to what lies ahead for us. Mrs King spoke of the simple caterpillar. She said the caterpillar crawls around on the ground all day just doing what it can to make it in this world....but one day, it knows it must enter into it's cocoon and close the world it once knew away. What soon emerges is something a lot more wonderful, it has wings now and is able to fly off to places far more special than it ever could have imagined. I often think about that when I lose someone close and thank Mrs. King for installing that in my thoughts as a child. I hope you can find comfort in knowing, at least in my opinion, we're that caterpillar and someday we'll make that grand transformation too. Prayers sent your way from this old man.

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977
People Like This 
Old 04-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #416
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8754 Times on 5230 Posts
Likes Given: 11612

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
My ultimate condolences to you now. Ya know, a long time ago, a very long time ago actually, I was just a boy and I went to a little church down the road from where I lived. There was an older lady named Mrs. King who taught a Sunday school there. She had a wonderful way of teaching young hearts like mine at the time all the analogies God puts in front of us each day to give us a clue as to what lies ahead for us. Mrs King spoke of the simple caterpillar. She said the caterpillar crawls around on the ground all day just doing what it can to make it in this world....but one day, it knows it must enter into it's cocoon and close the world it once knew away. What soon emerges is something a lot more wonderful, it has wings now and is able to fly off to places far more special than it ever could have imagined. I often think about that when I lose someone close and thank Mrs. King for installing that in my thoughts as a child. I hope you can find comfort in knowing, at least in my opinion, we're that caterpillar and someday we'll make that grand transformation too. Prayers sent your way from this old man.
Very nice. I will always remember that now.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #417
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default whoa is me...........

Why is it I got this feeling. I haven't had sex in over three years. And if I do get a little action, it'll take all nite to do what I use to do all nite long..........................
Old 04-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #418
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss wm. Pull your love ones together and you'll find strength in each other. I lost my Dad not long ago and it's a struggle. God be with you.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #419
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
sorry to hear that Widowmaker. you have my condolences and sympathies. truly sad.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 AM   #420
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1377 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Groups of Americans were traveling by tour bus through Holland.
As they stopped at a cheese farm, a young guide led them through
the process of cheese making, explaining that goat's milk was used.

She showed the group a lovely hillside where many goats were grazing.
'These' she explained, 'Are the older goats put out to pasture when they no longer produce.'

She then asked, 'What do you do in America with your old goats?'

A spry old gentleman answered,' They send us on bus tours!
People Like This