Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Seniors Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #361
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,318
Liked 6688 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7955

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
I was reminded I am 64 today. I put in a replacement garbage disposal. If I have to get down on the floor or up from the floor one more time.....I am going to burn down the house!
I agree. I have a plumbing situation in my basement. It's a simple one. I just need to replace a 8 inch or so piece of PVC pipe. Sounds simple enough........but It's under the washbasin next to my washer. I can either lay on the floor OR fix replace the pipe, but it is difficult to do both at the same time.

Also, my kitchen faucet is getting a little loose. I know it just needs to be tightened up but, well, I don't need to explain anything to you. You just got done crawling around under the kitchen sink. Except to tighten the faucet, you have to reach under, up and behind the sinks.

When I get some better income after I start working, I am going to pay someone to do these two simple jobs for me.

And it's not just down and up from the floor but laying your shoulders on the edge of the cabinet while you reach in.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #362
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Daoust_Nat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 2,020
Liked 1141 Times on 558 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Also, my kitchen faucet is getting a little loose. I know it just needs to be tightened up but, well, I don't need to explain anything to you. You just got done crawling around under the kitchen sink. Except to tighten the faucet, you have to reach under, up and behind the sinks.
Been there too. A couple of years ago the plastic piece that keeps the pull out faucet from coming all the way out when you use the faucet to spray, broke. I got it to hold and work temporarily, and went and bought another faucet. Could not find my basin wrench (goes 3/4 of the way around the big circular nut that holds the faucet in place). So I procrastinated. What the hay, it was working.

Three months later I was on a business trip to Mexico city for three days, and the thing completely broke. Wife called me and told me and I said, I am down here for two more days, just hire a plumber. The plumber charged her $400 labor, for about a 60 min job.

I could have bought another basin wrench for about $15. Hell, the weekend I got home I found the thing. In fact I found two of them! I wanted to kick myself. And it was gun money we used for the plumber. Double bummer.
__________________

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Daoust_Nat is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #363
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,318
Liked 6688 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7955

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Been there too. A couple of years ago the plastic piece that keeps the pull out faucet from coming all the way out when you use the faucet to spray, broke. I got it to hold and work temporarily, and went and bought another faucet. Could not find my basin wrench (goes 3/4 of the way around the big circular nut that holds the faucet in place). So I procrastinated. What the hay, it was working.

Three months later I was on a business trip to Mexico city for three days, and the thing completely broke. Wife called me and told me and I said, I am down here for two more days, just hire a plumber. The plumber charged her $400 labor, for about a 60 min job.

I could have bought another basin wrench for about $15. Hell, the weekend I got home I found the thing. In fact I found two of them! I wanted to kick myself. And it was gun money we used for the plumber. Double bummer.
Isn't that the way it always goes. Don't you think we'd be used to getting kicked in the rear by now? Why does it still hurt every time.

Oh, yeah, and the Chicago Blackhawks lost last night.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #364
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,722
Liked 2743 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 16743

Default

Acceptance of "infinite" possibilities . Oooooooouch..!.. Oh the pain.!

If it can , it will....! Brang it.!

__________________
dango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #365
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,134
Liked 1730 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 1971

Default This sucks.....

Growing old and having the burden of seeing your grand children die before you......The first born grand son...........He lived life to the fullist I hope......Just wish that it would have been me involved with his life, instead of money.........

__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #366
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dennis845's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE,TN
Posts: 273
Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

How about some recommendations for the best competition pistol sights for aging eyes?

It's getting expensive, just ordered a $140.00 set of Trijicon HD'S and hope the old eyes appreciate them better. Don't particularly care for the XS Big Dots for IDPA shooting at over ten yards.

__________________
I think, therefore I am...
Dennis845 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #367
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,318
Liked 6688 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7955

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Growing old and having the burden of seeing your grand children die before you......The first born grand son...........He lived life to the fullist I hope......Just wish that it would have been me involved with his life, instead of money.........
Wills, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. If you need anything, PM me.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #368
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,134
Liked 1730 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 1971

Default Thru the wire......

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Wills, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. If you need anything, PM me.
I really want to thank you all, esp. you the winds that talks for the trees......I'm having a hard time adjusting.... But i can't wait to confront the man that with held my grandson, then put the blame on Me an My wife........It reminds me Of a bible story, one baby and two women......The king said to cut the baby in half........Again thanks for the support......wills......
__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #369
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danf_fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LA (Lower Alabama),FL
Posts: 10,017
Liked 2615 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Default

I'm not that old to have a great grand kid yet!
But I've been invited to a baby shower for my grand daughter.

__________________

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

danf_fl is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #370
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,318
Liked 6688 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7955

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
I really want to thank you all, esp. you the winds that talks for the trees......I'm having a hard time adjusting.... But i can't wait to confront the man that with held my grandson, then put the blame on Me an My wife........It reminds me Of a bible story, one baby and two women......The king said to cut the baby in half........Again thanks for the support......wills......
Wills, do NOT confront anyone. You are understandably emotional and now isn't the time to act. You know you loved your grandson and you were there for that baby when no one else wanted him. Please, Wills, don't confront anyone. It won't turn out good for you and you shouldn't be reacting on your emotions. Please, listen to me.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Texting for seniors NGIB The Club House 7 02-10-2011 04:07 PM
Seniors should expect health issues with age cbw Politics, Religion and Controversy 13 04-08-2009 10:00 AM