Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Seniors Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #291
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2241 Times on 1122 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

For all of us mature shooters! I know one thing "GETTING OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES"!

Went back for a recertification to the State LE Sniper/Marksman Instructor School this past year! I can hardly do what I use to do with little effort. And to be honest! It liked to "Kicked My Arsss" and it was dragging this trip. I was beat at the end of each day and honestly Damn glad to head home at the end of the class!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

dango Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #292
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 317 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i feel very old today. knowing another birthday is coming up soon and i will turn fifty years old. my father just recently turned seventy and my brother, his family and the wife and i celebrated his birthday by taking out to eat at a nice steakhouse,

i do look back and wonder where has the time gone and how did it slip past so quickly that sometimes it just seems like yesterday, and sometime just so long ago.

as my father tells us, everyday above ground is a good day. and if we all live long enough, we all get to grow old.
50?? My Gawd Axxe...I got underwear that old....you gotta lot of time left to
be a pain in the arse to all the anti-gun fanatics. Wait until the doc quits asking your age and pulls your hat off to count the rings on the top of your head...then you'll be old like me.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #293

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan

be a pain in the arse to all the anti-gun fanatics. Wait until the doc quits asking your age and pulls your hat off to count the rings on the top of your head...then you'll be old like me.
Roflmao. That is post of the week. Thank you I needed that.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #294

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Roflmao. That is post of the week. Thank you I needed that.
I got too much GREY hair for that

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #295

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
I take my hand guns all over - - - buy a "Hard Case" at WalMart that can hold a padlock - - - Have the firearm unloaded ( I buy ammo when I get where I'm going ) and declare it in checked bagage. No big deal if you follow a few simple rules. No more than 2 per case.
She'd need to take it to Jamaica and if she got that far, I'm not sure they would let her leave.

Hey wait.....I could go down and brake her out of prison with my mod super powers!

Second thought, Winds leave your Ruger home, I've got enough guns to keep you busy for your entire stay!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #296
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6765 Times on 4088 Posts
Likes Given: 8099

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
She'd need to take it to Jamaica and if she got that far, I'm not sure they would let her leave.

Hey wait.....I could go down and brake her out of prison with my mod super powers!

Second thought, Winds leave your Ruger home, I've got enough guns to keep you busy for your entire stay!
That's what I want to hear.

I really don't want to hassle flying with firearms to my son's wedding. I'll be stressed enough. And I'm a white knucke, nervous flier.
People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #297
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 317 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Three old men are talking about their aches, pains and bodily dysfunctions.

One seventy-five year old man says, "I have this problem. I wake up every morning at seven and it takes me twenty minutes to pee."

An eighty year old man says, "My case is worse. I get up at eight and I sit there and grunt and groan for half an hour before I finally have a bowel movement."

The ninety year old man says, "At seven I pee like a horse, at eight I crap like a cow."

"So what's your problem?" asked the others.

"I don't wake up until nine."

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

People Like This 
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #298

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
Three old men are talking about their aches, pains and bodily dysfunctions.

One seventy-five year old man says, "I have this problem. I wake up every morning at seven and it takes me twenty minutes to pee."

An eighty year old man says, "My case is worse. I get up at eight and I sit there and grunt and groan for half an hour before I finally have a bowel movement."

The ninety year old man says, "At seven I pee like a horse, at eight I crap like a cow."

"So what's your problem?" asked the others.

"I don't wake up until nine."

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #299
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6765 Times on 4088 Posts
Likes Given: 8099

My achy, arthritic joints are particularly painful tonight. I'm taking two Advil and hitting the sack.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #300

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Didn't read all the posts so may be somewhat off base...

Just saying,my eyes seem to be getting better with age.....it's either that or the skills have gotten way sharper?Been on a mission for the last cpl years to really buckle down on my Dbl action revolver craft.Not fast....just slow,smooth precision.It has been one of the most rewarding in the sense of work=results.

We have 4 wonderful grown sons....they've all shot handguns since diapers.Between them and their friends(some professionals in this group).....Bring it on,is all I can say,WRT hitting what we're aiming at.Yup,I have O.L.D.....but these kids better bring their "A" game,just sayin.