Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Seniors Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #281
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Even out of the country? I would love to take my guns with......now mostly just to have them at Canes. I hear it's tradition in some country to shoot a gun in the air as celebration at weddings. Actually, my future DIL's Dad is a riot and I think the two of us can get into a bit of trouble. My future DIL's Mom is a very quiet, reserved person. She just stands back and shakes her head at the two of us at get togethers. LOL

I would be devastated if I lost my any of my guns.
I was in my early twenties at the time. Although the rifle was the first one I had bought with my own money, it would not be my last.

After the insurance money came in I replaced it with a more mature model, circa 1955.

Some good things happen for the wrong reasons...

eldar
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #282

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

There's one GREAT thing about being a senior, and that's not having to worry about the deplorable shape this country is in for too many more years. Not that I paraticularly want to croak, but heaven will be worth it all.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #283
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1751 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
I take my hand guns all over - - - buy a "Hard Case" at WalMart that can hold a padlock - - - Have the firearm unloaded ( I buy ammo when I get where I'm going ) and declare it in checked bagage. No big deal if you follow a few simple rules. No more than 2 per case.
She's going through Jamaica and stopping at Cane's on the way home. International transport of firearms is pretty risky.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

dango Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #284

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Could she just"ship" them to herself?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

dango Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #285
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1751 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Not sure. Interstate transport of firearms is probably Federally regulated. She might have to ship it to an FFL.

Cane might know... Cane?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 02-09-2013, 02:44 AM   #286
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6960 Times on 4187 Posts
Likes Given: 8374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
She's going through Jamaica and stopping at Cane's on the way home. International transport of firearms is pretty risky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Not sure. Interstate transport of firearms is probably Federally regulated. She might have to ship it to an FFL.

Cane might know... Cane?
I think I'm going to just leave the guns home and shoot the heck out of Cane's guns.
People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 04:45 AM   #287
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8055 Times on 4649 Posts
Likes Given: 10397

So Winds, where in Jamaica is your son's wedding? I went there on my honeymoon back in 1992, we stayed in Ocho Rios at a Sandals resort. Had a good time, but it took several days before I could talk my wife into venturing out into the countryside. A few words of caution, if somebody shoves something at you DO NOT TAKE IT IN YOUR HANDS!!!! Once you touch it they will drop it and it is yours, then they will expect to be paid for it. And it might be ganja (Jamaican vernacular for pot). That happened all the time. Sometimes it was food, sometimes trinkets, sometimes a dime bag.

Also, do not pay asking price for anything!!!! Always offer them half or less of what they ask, and then bargain from there. It is part of their culture. I got pretty good at it, even bargaining down the price of beer (Red Stripe- in Jamaica it is much stronger than here. Keep that in mind when drinking) at the bar. Another tactic they use is to bargain in Jamaican dollars but then ask to be paid in US dollars. Always make sure that all bargaining is in Jamaican dollars and tell them you have no US money at all when it comes time for payment (don't screw it up and pull out a wad of greenbacks!).

I could tell you some great stories about my time in Jamaica mon!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
eldarbeast Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #288
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

We'lll be at a resort near Montego Bay. I have been to Jamaica before, albeit many years ago. I kind of know their ways with tourists. To be honest, I am arriving there on May 27th, the rehearsal and dinner is on the 28th, the wedding on the 29th and flying to Ft. Lauderdale on the 30th. I kind of think I'll be too busy to get into too much trouble..........until I get to Cane's.

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #289

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I think I'm going to just leave the guns home and shoot the heck out of Cane's guns.
Yeah- If you don't mind shootin Colts

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #290
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Yeah- If you don't mind shootin Colts
Nope. Not at all. Cane thinks I'm coming to meet him and his wife. I really want to meet the Canebrake gun. I've had "a thing" for the gun ever since I laid eyes on it.
People Like This