Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Seniors Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I didn't much like that, especially when buying bluberry-flavored swisher sweet cigarillos.
Dang. I don't think I'da told that one. Of course it could be worse. My daughter once purchased Monistat, hemorrhoid cream, and carpet cleaner at the same time. When the clerk looked at her she just said, "Don't ask" and paid cash.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #112
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I wonder if you can compromise the magnetic strip on your license by swiping it repeatedly with a super magnet? It works with credit cards......
I'll get back to you on that.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #113
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7722 Times on 4458 Posts
Likes Given: 9957

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I'll get back to you on that.
I am very rarely asked to swipe my DL, so I wouldn't be able to test it any time soon. I do have a buddy who has a freaking unbelievably strong rare Earth magnet that I could use though. This thing is maybe 8 inches long, 3 inches wide and an inch thick and it can lift over a quarter ton. I think he said it has 850 lbs of force in it. It will squash your finger clean off if you let it get trapped in it.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #114

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

My wife and I went to a wedding for a girl she works with last year. At the reception we, wife and I, and a few of her co-workers got in line for drinks. Keep in mind I'm now 28, my wife is 26 and her friends/co-workers which are mostly female except for one of the bank managers range in a age starting at 18. I get my beer and the girls laugh cause I always get carded, which is fine as most people say I look 19. One of her friends who was 19 at the time gets a mixed drink and doesn't get carded. WTF? It didn't bother me she was underage I just thought it was odd.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 08-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #115

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks
My wife and I went to a wedding for a girl she works with last year. At the reception we, wife and I, and a few of her co-workers got in line for drinks. Keep in mind I'm now 28, my wife is 26 and her friends/co-workers which are mostly female except for one of the bank managers range in a age starting at 18. I get my beer and the girls laugh cause I always get carded, which is fine as most people say I look 19. One of her friends who was 19 at the time gets a mixed drink and doesn't get carded. WTF? It didn't bother me she was underage I just thought it was odd.
Duhhhh dudes dig drunk chicks

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 08-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #116

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Not necessarily more "offensive" but there are less convenient odors.
Had my oil changed today. When I got my car back, it smelled like farts and body odor.

Yes, there are indeed more inconvenient odors.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Had my oil changed today. When I got my car back, it smelled like farts and body odor.

Yes, there are indeed more inconvenient odors.
When I used to work as a mechanic one time a customer complained that his car smelled of french fries when he picked it up. The service manager was going to write up the tech who worked on the car for driving a customers car on personal business (picking up lunch) until the overweight tech pointed out the he ate so much junk food that he literally sweats french fry oil from his pores. They let him off with a warning.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #118

That... That's just gross. Even by my standards. He just wouldn't be allowed to enter a customer's vehicle anymore if I ran the shop. And he'd be fired for it if it interfered with productivity.

I used to smoke almost two packs a day. I was also a lube and tire guy at the time. Never had a customer complain of cigarette smell. I created a strange ritual of walking, backwards, upwind, when I smoked at work. Whatever is needed to create repeat business.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
That... That's just gross. Even by my standards. He just wouldn't be allowed to enter a customer's vehicle anymore if I ran the shop. And he'd be fired for it if it interfered with productivity.

I used to smoke almost two packs a day. I was also a lube and tire guy at the time. Never had a customer complain of cigarette smell. I created a strange ritual of walking, backwards, upwind, when I smoked at work. Whatever is needed to create repeat business.
It actually wasn't, the tech was just being funny (and it was). He had used the car to get lunch on a test drive and did not vary from the prescribed route (except to pull through the drive-through). The manager was just being a jerk. His productivity was very high BTW, and he contributed greatly to overall shop morale in ways that the Service Manager was always trying to undermine.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #120

Oh, well that's all good then. Nothing wrong with a verbal in that case. I probably would have chewed his ass too. For not getting lunch for me too!