Seniors Thread - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Seniors Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
Trip... not to be an arse... but if you age 4 years for each year, for 4 years in the infantry, then you'd be 16 years older not 20
4 times 4 is 16, plus 4 of natural aging.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #92

Liked 2505 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 1947

I've had to go to decaffeinated coffee, but it helps

if you use non-dairy creamer and dehydrated water.

Plus, everything I eat lately turns to s***...

Old 08-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 61 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Lasers do some good; I have it built into my .380 (S&W Bodyguard) and IF I remember them they do help at the range. XS Sights has a Big Dot front sight that I'm thinking about for all my autos since trying to find the end of the gun is the hard part. They even have them for my 1911 which is good. BTW, the factory sights on that little S&W are useless anytime; too teensy and too dark. Aw h**l, just keep feeding me ammo; I'll hit something eventually!

Old 08-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1899 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 2136

Default What the Helllllllll.......

This morning I go to the local truck stop to pick up a case of beer. There's a new face behind the cash register, she ask to see some ID. I tell her I'll be 60 in dec. She wants to see my Drivers lic., I show her and she says is it stamped on the back, I'm thinking to my self the Bich is crazy, I show her the dam back of the Lic. She says ok and and does the transaction. WTF.... She said that she was checking to make sure that I didn't have an expired and or revoked Lic., I guess they have a new policy when it comes to buying alcohol......No beer, no guns, whats next, my truck.

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 678 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
This morning I go to the local truck stop to pick up a case of beer. There's a new face behind the cash register, she ask to see some ID. I tell her I'll be 60 in dec. She wants to see my Drivers lic., I show her and she says is it stamped on the back, I'm thinking to my self the Bich is crazy, I show her the dam back of the Lic. She says ok and and does the transaction. WTF.... She said that she was checking to make sure that I didn't have an expired and or revoked Lic., I guess they have a new policy when it comes to buying alcohol......No beer, no guns, whats next, my truck.
So she's saying you have to have a valid DL to buy beer? It's not just to prove you're over 21? Wonder what she would have done if your license was expired or revoked? Held you for the police?
Sometimes a little authority goes a long way!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #96

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Doctor told me the other day "You've got great knees for a 90 year old" I told him "Doc I'm only 54!"

Got up the other morning to go to the bathroom, I was enjoying listening to the wood floors creak and pop as I walked along and then I realized I don't have wood floors!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #97
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8887 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

re: Driver's license, watched an interaction between another old geezer and TSA when he was going thru the security checkpoint at the airport.

TSA said "You know your driver's license expires tommorrow?"

"Really? I plan to SIT in the airplane- not DRIVE it!"

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 08-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
When you read the following paragraph, keep in mind that I am 59 and look it.

I've had some fun with more than one clerk/customer service rep. I show my concealed carry permit for ID. It's state issued, it has my picture, I can't get one until I am old enough to do everything that is restricted by age, my DOB is on it, and unlike my DL, it's fingerprint verified.

When they tell me they can't accept it I tell them that it is a valid state issued photo ID card, and they don't have a choice. One time there was an off duty LEO in line behind me. He produced his work ID and told the clerk she had to take my ID. She didn't believe him, either.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #99

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
When you read the following paragraph, keep in mind that I am 59 and look it.

I've had some fun with more than one clerk/customer service rep. I show my concealed carry permit for ID. It's state issued, it has my picture, I can't get one until I am old enough to do everything that is restricted by age, my DOB is on it, and unlike my DL, it's fingerprint verified.

When they tell me they can't accept it I tell them that it is a valid state issued photo ID card, and they don't have a choice. One time there was an off duty LEO in line behind me. He produced his work ID and told the clerk she had to take my ID. She didn't believe him, either.
Odd that they even look at them closely enough to know the difference. My wife has cashed checks using our son's driver's license!

My main problem is just getting old. Weakened grip & wrists plus eyesight. I can do just about as well with 'point & shoot' as I can using the sights & I guess that's what it's all about anyway. Bought a PF9 Keltec for a pocket pistol, but have a problem with it short cycling when I shoot good SD ammo, so restricted to cheap HPs. Luckily, don't have a problem yet with my larger pistols.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #100
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

That whole ID thing ticks me off when purchasing alcohol. The law says something to the effect that a clerk must "verify" the age of the purchaser to be sure they are of legal age. This means to me that they can look at the average person and gauge that they are indeed a decade or so older than 21 so a photo ID is not necessary..... or in my case I am above average because I look older than I am!