Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Senior Members! Tall Tale Time (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/senior-members-tall-tale-time-78187/)

danf_fl 12-10-2012 09:24 PM

Senior Members! Tall Tale Time

I would like to offer to all Senior Members a chance for 1 of you to become a Supporting Member for 1 year.
(Then you can get into reserved areas of the FTF)

This is for Senior Members only! (Supporting Members would never tell a tall tale or lie).

What needs to be done is your tallest tale or lie gets posted in this thread.
Others using the "like" function as votes will select the best tale.
The story with the most "likes" will earn the the poster the distinction of becoming a Supporting Member for one year.

The poster with the most "likes" at midnite, December 31st, 2012 will get the honor.

Questions?

Chainfire 12-10-2012 09:41 PM

I will tell a tall tell that is told, for the truth, by a co-worker:

When ever the topic of guns or shooting comes up, which it not infrequent in our group,
the young man swears, to anyone who will listen, that he has a friend who can consistantly shoot 16 oz. Coke bottles, from 100 yards, with a snubbie .38 spl. The largest part of the lie, I believe, is that the young man has a friend.

danf_fl 12-11-2012 06:41 AM

The Bunker, Politics, the Tail Trail are all waiting for the best story!

And Chainfire already has 3 votes!

jon1992d 12-11-2012 07:04 AM

I voted for Obama. The end

2hot2handle 12-11-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon1992d (Post 1047536)
I voted for Obama. The end

Your train of thought was the same as mine, but I was thinking more along the lines of

"Obama is a patriot"

lbwar15 12-11-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
The Bunker, Politics, the Tail Trail are all waiting for the best story!

And Chainfire already has 3 votes!

Dont forget about unlimited PM's without having to delete messages. And the FTF sticker. We should talk to the boss man about adding some more things for supporting members only. Maybe that would convince some other members to become supporting members. Maybe come up with some other threads.

c3shooter 12-11-2012 11:14 AM

Oh, for heaven's sake- the bennies of being a Supporting Member-

There is the Unicorn BBQ on Friday evenings, and the use of the FTF Corporate jet for weekend getaways to our island. Early next year we hope to add a medium sized freighter, for trolling for pirates. We are still getting the mounts installed for the .50 cals.

Then there is the 90% discount we get from Ronnie Barrett on all his goods, and free samples of ammo from Federal. The monthly Mortar and Cannon shoots will run until June, when we switch over to the Machine Gun and Recoiless Rifle shoots.

We also have cookies.

:rolleyes:

PS- Please DO NOT "like" this post- save those for the non-SMs that aspire to BE SMs

c3shooter 12-11-2012 11:15 AM

So start polishing up your "You ain't gonna believe this..." tales.

lbwar15 12-11-2012 12:21 PM

C3 you have got to come to the meetings more often. The jet is out of service. They are working on the reactor for the rail gun. Also installing the same teleportation device that is on the enterprise. In 2014 they are putting scramble jet engines on it so we can get to the moon for that summer vacation we have ben planing since 2011.

Come on man don't you read the news letter?

magnumman 12-11-2012 12:52 PM

Our government is the most trustworthy on the planet. They respect nothing more than the constitution of the United States and the free will of the American people. We have nothing to fear since the best an brightest among us have been sent to make sure that at the end of every day we have as much liberty as we did when we woke up that morning. They have asked us to contribute a very small portion of our income to help make our freedoms more secure and spend that money in the most efficient way possible. Everybody lives happily ever after.

The end.