You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Senior citizenship....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12105 Times on 5864 Posts
Likes Given: 44446

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF22553 View Post
Dallas, unfortunately, I can confirm that. Amazon does it well.

Prostate removal surgery and subsequent radiation pretty much led to them for me. Nothing dramatic, but annoying. The full-up diapers are very warm. Their "Shields" are okay for the occasional drip/leak, and much cooler.

Not a function of getting old, but rather the prostate cancer and its subsequent "fixes". PSA is still at "undetectable" after five years of hormone treatments. That's a good thing as, presumably, the resultant bone cancer in my spine won't spread while the PSA is zero.

Brings to mind an old joke about being asked "boxers or jockeys?" The old-fart's answer was "Depends"...

So for you old-timers who dread the thought of Depends, it really isn't that bad. You get used to it quite easily. Better than dying.
Amazing how adaptable the strong minded are when delt complicated situations . Great attitude . Some people are un-breakable of mind and spirit and that's as good as it gets .
People Like This 
Old 09-13-2017, 11:33 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3036 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Florida will give you a free fishing license. McDonalds a free coffee. A lot of other discounts, but you have to ask. Some will not give you the discounts that their business offers. Either because they don't know, or don't care. Others will.

In GA on Wednesdays Publix will give Seniors a 10% discount.

Lot of stuff out there.
People Like This 
Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #23

Liked 8188 Times on 4474 Posts
Likes Given: 13977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Florida will give you a free fishing license. McDonalds a free coffee. A lot of other discounts, but you have to ask. Some will not give you the discounts that their business offers. Either because they don't know, or don't care. Others will.

In GA on Wednesdays Publix will give Seniors a 10% discount.

Lot of stuff out there.
i kind of look at this way, if a business doesn't clearly advertise that they give senior discounts, and you have to ask, then maybe they don't really care about seniors.

if they truly appreciated seniors, then it would be displayed on their signage, the windows, menus, or something so a person didn't have to ask if they gave discounts to seniors.

just my opinion.
People Like This 
Old 09-13-2017, 11:42 PM   #24

Liked 8188 Times on 4474 Posts
Likes Given: 13977

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF22553 View Post
Dallas, unfortunately, I can confirm that. Amazon does it well.

Prostate removal surgery and subsequent radiation pretty much led to them for me. Nothing dramatic, but annoying. The full-up diapers are very warm. Their "Shields" are okay for the occasional drip/leak, and much cooler.

Not a function of getting old, but rather the prostate cancer and its subsequent "fixes". PSA is still at "undetectable" after five years of hormone treatments. That's a good thing as, presumably, the resultant bone cancer in my spine won't spread while the PSA is zero.

Brings to mind an old joke about being asked "boxers or jockeys?" The old-fart's answer was "Depends"...

So for you old-timers who dread the thought of Depends, it really isn't that bad. You get used to it quite easily. Better than dying.
now i was joking in a way about the Depends.

many of us older people may be closer to where you are than we would like to think we are unfortunately. but it's just a fact of life that some of may have to go through.

sometimes we just have to learn to adapt to the curves life throws at us.

who says an old dog can't learn a new trick?
People Like This 
Old 09-13-2017, 11:55 PM   #25
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5266 Times on 2828 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Some markets give a 10% senior discount 1 day a month. Problem is you have to remember which day. The Senior Pass for federal parks is a huge bargain if you use federal parks and campgrounds. Free entry and 1/2 price camping. Saved us a lot of money. Arizona does not do much for seniors as far as discounts. I still have to pay full price for my fishing license. I think we have too many seniors as it is a retirement mecca. New Mexico has a resident seniors state camping pass. Nevada has a 5 year resident senior free camping in state parks.
People Like This 
Old 09-14-2017, 12:22 AM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 12105 Times on 5864 Posts
Likes Given: 44446

Well , I'm really looking for that free doughnut , coffee and Jeep pick-up....?
People Like This