Sen. Edward Kennedy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sen. Edward Kennedy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sen. Edward Kennedy

First off I don't wish this on anybody. I can't stand the man but I still wish him the best.
He's definitely not a friend of Gun Owners.

Sen. Edward Kennedy has malignant brain tumor By GLEN JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer

BOSTON - A cancerous brain tumor caused the seizure Sen. Edward M. Kennedy suffered over the weekend, doctors said Tuesday in a grim diagnosis for one of American politics' most enduring figures. "He remains in good spirits and full of energy," the doctors for the 76-year-old Massachusetts Democrat said in a statement.

They said tests conducted after the seizure showed a tumor in Kennedy's left parietal lobe. Preliminary results from a biopsy of the brain identified the cause of the seizure as a malignant glioma, they said.

His treatment will be decided after more tests but the usual course includes combinations of radiation and chemotherapy.

Kennedy has been hospitalized in Boston since Saturday, when he was airlifted from Cape Cod after a seizure at his home.

"He has had no further seizures, remains in good overall condition, and is up and walking around the hospital," said the statement by Dr. Lee Schwamm, vice chairman of the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Dr. Larry Ronan, Kennedy's primary care physician.

They said Kennedy will remain in the hospital "for the next couple of days according to routine protocol."

Kennedy's wife and children have been with him each day since he was hospitalized. Senator Kennedy's son, Rep. Patrick Kennedy, D-R.I., plans to stay at the hospital for the time being.

"Obviously it's tough news for any son to hear," said spokeswoman Robin Costello. "He's comforted by the fact that his dad is such a fighter, and if anyone can get through something as challenging as this, it would be his father. So he's optimistic, he's hopeful, but obviously he's concerned."

President Bush was notified by his staff of Kennedy's diagnosis at 1:20 p.m.

"He said he was deeply saddened and would keep Senator Kennedy in his prayers," spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

Malignant gliomas are a type of brain cancer diagnosed in about 9,000 Americans a year — and the most common type among adults. It's an initial diagnosis: How well patients fare depends on what specific tumor type is determined by further testing.

Average survival can range from less than a year for very advanced and aggressive types — such as glioblastomas — or to about five years for different types that are slower growing.

News of the diagnosis hit hard for colleagues on both sides of the aisle.

"I'm really sad," former Sen. Bob Kerrey, D-Neb., said when told in a Senate hallway about Kennedy's condition. "He's the one politician who brings tears to my eyes when he speaks."

"I am so deeply saddened I have lost the words," Sen. John Warner, R-Va., said in a Senate hallway. Warner said he and Kennedy had been friends for 40 years. Both served on the Senate Armed Services Committee together.

Kennedy, the second-longest serving member of the Senate and a dominant figure in national Democratic Party politics, was elected in 1962, filling out the term won by his brother, John F. Kennedy.

His eldest brother, Joseph, was killed in a World War II airplane crash. President Kennedy was assassinated in 1963 and his brother Robert was assassinated in 1968.

Kennedy is active for his age, maintaining an aggressive schedule on Capitol Hill and across Massachusetts. He has made several campaign appearances for Sen. Barack Obama in February, and most recently last month.

Kennedy, the senior senator from Massachusetts and the Senate's second-longest serving member, was re-elected in 2006 and is not up for election again until 2012.

Were he to resign or die in office, state law requires a special election for the seat no sooner than 145 days and no later than 160 days after the vacancy occurs.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Well.....

Um, while I feel for the guy and his family, didn't he drive his car into the river and kill a girl he was transporting while driving under the influence?

Am I thinking of the right Kennedy? Or is that another Kennedy?

JD

Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #3

I'm surprised he dosen't have rectal cancer too considering he's had his head up his a$$ for the last 50 years.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 05-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Sen Ed Kennedy

Hello all

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

Yes, he's the one that drove off the Bride, and yes, he's the one who would piss away our 2ND ammendmant rights as well as a list of others! With that said, I can't stand him, I'd like to see him drummed out of office as he should have been, BUT, NO ONE DESERVES THIS! My Wife Has Terminal cancer and I feel for any Family that suffers it's rage!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #5

Ron L, I'm sorry to hear of your wife's illness. I wish all of you the best.

I can't figure to save my life see how this guy kept getting put back in office.If one of us drowned that girl and left her there until the next day we'd be under the jail house.And still be there.I have no use for any of the Kennedy's.Once again I don't wish this cancer on him or anyone else but he won't be missed by me.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Sen Ed Kennedy

Hello all/Responce to Ruger Redhawk

Thans on your well wishes, she has been fighting it for a while now, so far, she is winning, but come a day, she will not? Thats just how it is! I appreciated your comments!

Yes, to understand how Ted Kennedy can and will probably always be re-elected ya have to Live in the NorthEast United States? Man, I moved out of there for that reason! I was not in Mass, but in CT, which is about as bad!

RON L = SERESURPLUS

Old 05-21-2008, 01:34 AM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Ron - I too am sorry to hear of your wife's illness and you have my family's condolences. I am sorry my friend.

As for the topic character at hand, maybe I am too hard of an individual, but I personally hope that SOB has the most painful death available under the grace of whatever God he has been ignoring for the past, what, 60 years? While I don't wish his family any MORE pain, Edward Kennedy is one person this planet will be better off without.

Mary Jo Kopechne was the name of the girl that Ted Kennedy left to die in his car, while allegedly driving under the influenece, drove his car off the Dike Bridge in Chappaquiddick. Reports state that Miss Koechne may have, allegedly, survived as long as TWO HOURS breathing from an air pocket trapped in the vehicle before she finally succumed to carbon dioxide poisoning and drowned. She was one week shy of her 29th birthday.

It took approximately 9 hours, by published reports, for Kennedy and lawyers/advisors to be confronted by police, who already had found both the car and the body. In those 9 hours, Senator Kennedy made several calls to lawyers, advisors, additional lovers, returned to the scene with two "advisors", got a good night's sleep in a motel, was clean shaven and in "good spirits" according to published reports when he was openly confronted by authorities.

Sen. Kennedy received a 2 month sentence, which was suspended, and lost his drivers license for a whole ( 1 ) year. He spent no time in jail. Neither he, nor his family, had to pay for the police and search/rescue divers that spent time in that cold water. They were out about $91,000 in blood money that was paid to the parents of Kopechne, along with another $50,000 that was paid by his campaign fund manager. That was the grand scale of the punishment for driving like a lunatic, in the middle of the night, evading a policeman, on unfamilar terrain, driving off a bridge and killing a passenger in your car. Oh yeah, and letting her drown in your car when a simple phone call might have saved her life.

In a post "sentence" press conference, Sen. Kennedy openly wondered if there was a curse on the Kennedy family. Yeah, that's it d1ck, it wasn't that you were out in the middle of the night trying to get laid with an assistant to the campaign that was, what, half your age? Then, afraid you would get found out after the accident, conspired to cover it up in the hopes of getting away scott-free with killing another human being.

You, you fat son of a b1tch, deserve as much pain, anxiety, fear, horror and torment as the afterlife can possibly dish up. My only regret is that I am not there to finally pull the plug on your fat worthless @ss. I hope you suffer more than that poor girl you killed.

F**K YOU & DIE!

JD - and I approved this message....

Old 05-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #8

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I will be glad when he is dead, on a side note they will not have to embalm the bastard sense he has been a drunk most of his life he should be well preserved

Old 05-21-2008, 01:56 AM   #9

Ron L Thans on your well wishes, she has been fighting it for a while now, so far, she is winning, but come a day, she will not? Thats just how it is! I appreciated your comments!

You're welcome,I wish there was something we could do to help you. All of you will be in my prayers.

Going back to Kennedy
There's only been a half dozen or so people I can honestly say I hate and Ted Kennedy happens to be one of them.I don't wish illness on anyone,what goes around, comes around.I guess I could make an exception with him. I hope he rots in Hell.I've never cared for any of the Kennedy's and Ted has to be one of the worst of the Kennedy clan.They were all crooked SOB's.I'm going to get my dancing shoesout and shined up. When he meets his demise I'll be sure to put them to use.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:52 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger Redhawk View Post
Ron L, I'm sorry to hear of your wife's illness. I wish all of you the best.

I can't figure to save my life see how this guy kept getting put back in office.If one of us drowned that girl and left her there until the next day we'd be under the jail house.And still be there.I have no use for any of the Kennedy's.Once again I don't wish this cancer on him or anyone else but he won't be missed by me.
The fact that he has been in office since the 1960's in Mass. says more about the idiot residents of that state than it does of Kennedy's political prowess... the whole Kennedy clan sucks and all of them were criminals in their own right. That being said I don't "wish" him dead.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"