selling / trading help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > selling / trading help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default selling / trading help

Hello, I have a gun I am wanting to sell but have never sold a gun before. Where is the safest place you can sell it (I want to make sure it is not registered in my name anymore for sure once it is out of my hands) and also get the best price for it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #2

Default ??

You must tell us what it is? Rifle, shot gun, hand gun or bazooka. Also where you live. If you bought it new the records of the serial number will likely stay with you for ever? In Michigan they will need to get a pistol purchase permit and you keep a copy of it. They have to take it to their local Police or Sheriff and they do what is called a safety inspection. Which will register it in their name. Just try too make sure you are not selling long guns to felons.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #3

1-what type of gun? (some guns have collectors groups and specialty clubs whose members would be interested)

2-what do you mean by "safest"? Not losing money, not having your personal info on the internet, or....?

3-Could you elaborate on why its important not to have the gun "in your name" anymore? This is just a curiosity question on my part....

4-you titled your post sell/trade. Are you looking for money, or will trade for another gun?

Not trying to be a pain--but its helpful to know exactly what you are dealing with in order to point you to the best options.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #4

It is a makarov pistol. I live in texas. I don't want someone else committing murder with a gun still in my name. I want money or a revolver for it. I am not into selling it to weirdos on craigslist, I want to just go to some commercial location.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Go to your local gunstore not your local big box store like Gander mtn or Cabales or Bass Pro. Go to a gun store and tell them what you are looking for. If you live in Tx you don't have to redgester your handgun. Very few places out there make you do that. It is just the Commie states that make you do that kind of dumb stuff.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
It is a makarov pistol. I live in texas. I don't want someone else committing murder with a gun still in my name. I want money or a revolver for it. I am not into selling it to weirdos on craigslist, I want to just go to some commercial location.
What's wrong with your Mak? Why do you want to sell it? They are great guns.

9x18=Makarov