Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > selling on Ebay....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Craigslist is full of weirdos do make sure to meet in an open public place like a coffee house, pizza parlor etc.

eBay is fairly easy to use. They walk you through the listing process and listing fees are usually under a dollar. eBay is great for the smaller stuff, but if you put the pedal car on there be prepared to charge a lot for shipping. It can be shipped, just for a price.

Craigslist is the ideal place for the pedal car. Most other stuff can go on Ebay.

If those TI calculators are graphing calculators, they WILL sell fast. Start them at $25 and watch em go for 35-40.

-Matt

Old 10-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #12

Liked 317 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i buy & sell alot of stuff on ebay, been on there since '99.

first thing to remember is take enough pictures, if there are scratches, dents, paint loss, etc., try to get a picture of it & mention it in the listing. yeah it may cost a bit extra but usually prevents the people from complaining or using it as an excuse to try & get their money back.

always ship with either delivery confirmation or a tracking number. through the years i've had a few people claim to never receive the item & ask for a refund. when i tell them i have confirmation it was delivered, they quickly say thank you & that's the end of it.

start the bidding price a bit lower than what you want to get out or it, ie: if you want $100 for something, start the price around $75. people are more willing to bid if it starts lower than if it starts near the value of the item

i use USPS to ship most anything i sell because they're the cheapest & most convenient for me. shipping prices on bigger items have gone through the roof in the last few years, so craigslist might be a better option for the pedal car & large items like that

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 10-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Craigslist is full of weirdos do make sure to meet in an open public place like a coffee house, pizza parlor etc.

eBay is fairly easy to use. They walk you through the listing process and listing fees are usually under a dollar. eBay is great for the smaller stuff, but if you put the pedal car on there be prepared to charge a lot for shipping. It can be shipped, just for a price.

Craigslist is the ideal place for the pedal car. Most other stuff can go on Ebay.

If those TI calculators are graphing calculators, they WILL sell fast. Start them at $25 and watch em go for 35-40.
I was more worried about protecting the buyers I could attract on Craigslist from the weirdo like ME! Hahaha........

As for the awesome TI graphic calculator, I some had sold on ebay for around $40-50, Then I texted my kids about it and my oldest son said, "I was wondering where that went. I thought I lent it to someone and never got it back," So I told him he can have it back for $35 storage fee. I also have some shelf speakers.

I also have a couple old Schwinn bicycles and some of these scooters. Remember these? My kids had them about 20 years ago. I don't see them anymore.

I have about 3 of these.... and one of the smaller scooters.
scooter-pneumatic-tyres.jpg   scooter.jpg   razor-scooter.jpg  

Last edited by winds-of-change; 10-20-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I was more worried about protecting the buyers I could attract on Craigslist from the weirdo like ME! Hahaha........

As for the awesome TI graphic calculator, I some had sold on ebay for around $40-50, Then I texted my kids about it and my oldest son said, "I was wondering where that went. I thought I lent it to someone and never got it back," So I told him he can have it back for $35 storage fee.
Lol Those calculators are a pain considering a new one is $100+. They are well worth your "storage fee"

Some of those old pedal cars can be worth a ton. I saw one go on American Pickers for like $500+.

-Matt

Old 10-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #15
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Lol Those calculators are a pain considering a new one is $100+. They are well worth your "storage fee"

Some of those old pedal cars can be worth a ton. I saw one go on American Pickers for like $500+.
I'm not really going to charge my son for his calculator. LOL

My pedal car is from about the late 50's/early 60's and is not that rare. It does need some rehab work. This similar to what I have......it's a Murray "Dude Wagon".......srsly. LOL This is not my actual item but just like it. Mine has some rust on it.

Seriously, who doesn't want a "Dude Wagon"?
dude-wagon.jpg  

Old 10-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

the one thing that I dont like about paypal (which ive used countless times) is that it defaults to your bank (checking) acct - I prefer it to default to a credit card - this allows me the extra 30 or so days to pay for something since I wait for the CC bill to arrive. Plus, I believe this gets you additional protection from fraud as most credit card companies will fight on your behalf easier than your bank will - (paypal also is good too) so, what i always do is when going thru the paypal process to purchase something, I just change the payment option to use my credit card instead.

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 10-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #17

Quote:

I'm not really going to charge my son for his calculator. LOL

My pedal car is from about the late 50's/early 60's and is not that rare. It does need some rehab work. This similar to what I have......it's a Murray "Dude Wagon".......srsly. LOL This is not my actual item but just like it. Mine has some rust on it.

Seriously, who doesn't want a "Dude Wagon"?
I didn't think you would charge him. And yes Dude Wagons are the coolest! And the scooters and stuff should do alright. Looks like you can almost smell the factory grease on that Golden Boy!

-Matt

Old 10-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #18
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
I didn't think you would charge him. And yes Dude Wagons are the coolest! And the scooters and stuff should do alright. Looks like you can almost smell the factory grease on that Golden Boy!
Not Golden Boy.........youth model Henry Lever. I'm very short and have trouble finding a rifle with a LOP short enough for me.

I also have one of these, though this is not my child and our car is red. It is front wheel drive but steers from the back. It's a Little Tikes pedal car now discontinued but made in the late 80's/early 90's. My youngest had a BLAST on this thing.
findthiscar2.jpg  

Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #19

Quote:

Not Golden Boy.........youth model Henry Lever. I'm very short and have trouble finding a rifle with a LOP short enough for me.

I also have one of these, though this is not my child and our car is red. It is front wheel drive but steers from the back. It's a Little Tikes pedal car now discontinued but made in the late 80's/early 90's. My youngest had a BLAST on this thing.
Well no matter the Henry at least your closer to ownership. The Little Tikes pedal cars were cool. I had one when I was very young, and it was pretty cool. I'm sure a new parent that remembers their pedal car would want that one for their child.

-Matt

Old 10-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #20

Liked 1036 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 319

Those TI calculators confuse me. I buy a cell phone that costs $500 without subsidy, 1 year later I can buy it on craigslist for $30. But a TI-84 that is 10 years old is still worth $50 or half it's original cost!

My cell phone has about 4000x the processing power and it's touch screen and capable of doing pretty much anything the calculator is?!?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

dog2000tj Likes This