Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   selling on Ebay.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/selling-ebay-74732/)

winds-of-change 10-20-2012 08:46 PM

selling on Ebay....

Has anyone here ever sold things on Ebay. I am cleaning out my garage and I have some items I would like to sell. I have some Carnival glass figurines, a metal pedal car from the late 50's/early 60's, some hubcaps, nice TI calculators, children's toy snowboard and ski's, etc.

I'm not sure how to go about selling/shipping these items on Ebay, especially the pedal car.

Please share your experiences with me. Maybe I can make enough extra money to buy that Henry Lever I want so bad. :cool:

hiwall 10-20-2012 09:26 PM

I sell alot on Ebay(mostly gun parts). I try to sell only small, easy ship items('cause I'm lazy). I use only USPS flat-rate boxes and envelopes(super easy).

dog2000tj 10-20-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 983745)
Has anyone here ever sold things on Ebay. I am cleaning out my garage and I have some items I would like to sell. I have some Carnival glass figurines, a metal pedal car from the late 50's/early 60's, some hubcaps, nice TI calculators, children's toy snowboard and ski's, etc.

I'm not sure how to go about selling/shipping these items on Ebay, especially the pedal car.

Please share your experiences with me. Maybe I can make enough extra money to buy that Henry Lever I want so bad. :cool:

selling on Craigslist is free ;)

bkt 10-20-2012 09:31 PM

Not sure about ebay but I can always wring the info out of my son if necessary. :)

I'd like to think you could take pictures of your stuff and post it here - maybe we can help you out without the overhead ebay charges.

winds-of-change 10-20-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 983793)
Not sure about ebay but I can always wring the info out of my son if necessary. :)

I'd like to think you could take pictures of your stuff and post it here - maybe we can help you out without the overhead ebay charges.

None of the items I have for sale are gun related items.

astroman 10-20-2012 10:03 PM

+1 on the Craigslist deal - sold a bunch of stuff that way lately - we just moved recently to smaller house and sold a formal dining room set today, some bar stools, lamps, bedroom set, etc - Not making millions, but it beats putting the stuff in storage just to toss out one day... Just keep in mind that CL attracts alot of undesireables as well - I often will meet people at public place to sell rather than have them come to my house.

bkt 10-20-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 983805)
None of the items I have for sale are gun related items.

Understood. I suggest a "Garage Sale" forum where folks can post whatever they have for sale that isn't gun-related. There should be no liability to the forum itself; every sale is an agreement between seller and buyer and that's it.

LONGHAIR 10-20-2012 10:18 PM

I'm still not-sure how Pay-pale works ???....:confused:...

BigB 10-20-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR

You link it to a bank account, credit card, etc or both. It's all secure and easy. It's mainly for buy it now, and some sellers only accept Paypal.

winds-of-change 10-20-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 983843)

I swear, it's magic. That's how I explain things I don't understand. Kind of like the tooth fairy, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigB (Post 983881)
You link it to a bank account, credit card, etc or both. It's all secure and easy. It's mainly for buy it now, and some sellers only accept Paypal.

Not necessarily only for "Buy it Now" items. I pay for all my ebay purchases on Pay Pal, even if it was through bidding. You can also pay for a lot of other things with Pay Pal that you buy online. What I like about Pay Pal is if you have a problem with an item you bought or the seller, Pay Pal will fight it for you.