Sell or not? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sell or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I've regretted every gun I have sold. I will not sell any more of them unless they are just plain unsafe or unsatisfactory, well unsafe will go back to the factory to get safe. I miss my USP, my Glock 30, my Savage 110 FLP, my Ruger P89, all of them. Please don't sell your guns, if they stay in your safe, well you will still own them and you might be able to pass them down to your children someday, not pawn them and let some other man finger your weapons! KEEP THEM!!!!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #12

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Your moving from a cabin in the woods you can shoot from the porch, which is for sale? You are thinking about selling your guns?

I hope you can't afford to buy the cabin and keep the guns, because if it were me I would do my damnedest to do both.

My two cents, and I don't know you.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 AM   #13

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Guns will get you times of no money better than money will get you through times of no guns.

There have been times when, hard pressed for cash, I sold some of my guns. I am still kicking myself to this day. This was one of them- an UNISSUED M47 30-06 Madsen, complete w/ bayonet with matching SN.

Attachment 56643

Unless you need money to feed the kids, or buy medicine- DON'T !
THIS^^^!!! DO NOT sell a dern thing unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO!!

and if you do sell it, sell it to me!!!!!

EDIT-Primer1...your avatar cracks me up!!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 09-04-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #14

Liked 2117 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgttessnc View Post
I've regretted every gun I have sold. I will not sell any more of them unless they are just plain unsafe or unsatisfactory, well unsafe will go back to the factory to get safe. I miss my USP, my Glock 30, my Savage 110 FLP, my Ruger P89, all of them. Please don't sell your guns, if they stay in your safe, well you will still own them and you might be able to pass them down to your children someday, not pawn them and let some other man finger your weapons! KEEP THEM!!!!
Didn't say anything about pawning 'em. If I sell, they would go to folks I know. And for market value. No bargains.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #15

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I live in town and can't just step outside and shoot (I used to live in a cabin in the woods of Maine when I was younger and could shoot anything at anytime). I still get out and shoot, a friend has land about 20 minutes away that we can shoot rifles on, and I am lucky to have an indoor range nearby. I shoot more now than ever. Is there a sportsmans club near your new house? Maybe they have a range you can use.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #16

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I am with the rest, keep them till you absolutely have to selll. Keep the them oiled and stored safe. You may find a companion that loves to shoot as well.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #17

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Pass them down to the children if that is an option. As soon as you sell then you may move again and find that city life is not for me er You.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #18

Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

I regret selling my T/C Contender in 223. I loved the way that gun looked, felt and sounded.... Even if went into buying my kid his first shotgun.... Which he outgrew so now he got my citori and I'm getting an AK47.... Which sounds pretty cool, I'll still mid the contender..... If I had the money would have kept them all

Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #19

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgttessnc View Post
I totally agree.

Ive sold a few guns, and I regret selling them.

You're situation may change at some point, and when it does you will regret selling them. And, say you sell them, blow the money on something, money is gone. A year from now, five years, ten, whatever, you actually need money and now have to sell a gun you want to keep.

Selling a gun when you don't have to is kinda like tits on a boar hog.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”