Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Sell or not? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/sell-not-71746/)

boatme98 09-04-2012 01:28 AM

Sell or not?
 
I'm moving from a cabin in the woods where I could shoot off the front porch to a house right in downtown of a small college town.
My connundrum: I have a nice, small collection of rifles and handguns that I've purchased over time. All things that I wanted. All good quality pieces in good condition. I'll no longer be able to just take them out and shoot. I'll be resigned to using ranges. So most of my guns will just sit in the safe.
I don't have to, but I'm thinking of selling a few off. If I can't shoot them, why keep them.
What say you?
How do I decide which ones go?
Would you buy a blued pistol with tear stains on it?

beaglesam 09-04-2012 01:32 AM

If you don't need the the money only sell at a price you want. Don't go for a price you are not comfortable with.

c3shooter 09-04-2012 01:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Guns will get you times of no money better than money will get you through times of no guns.

There have been times when, hard pressed for cash, I sold some of my guns. I am still kicking myself to this day. This was one of them- an UNISSUED M47 30-06 Madsen, complete w/ bayonet with matching SN.

Attachment 56643

Unless you need money to feed the kids, or buy medicine- DON'T !

mountainman13 09-04-2012 01:38 AM

You could do what I did. Consolidate them into one gun you really want but may not be able to afford outright.

TWMIM 09-04-2012 01:39 AM

I've regretted all but the Hi Point. Don't do it.

Mosin 09-04-2012 01:59 AM

I'd sell my children before I sold my guns.

'But Mosin, you don't have any children...'


'EXACTLY'.....

boatme98 09-04-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 927120)
I'd sell my children before I sold my guns.

'But Mosin, you don't have any children...'


'EXACTLY'.....

Wanna buy some?

USEBOTHHANDS 09-04-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatme98 (Post 927047)
I'm moving from a cabin in the woods where I could shoot off the front porch to a house right in downtown of a small college town.
My connundrum: I have a nice, small collection of rifles and handguns that I've purchased over time. All things that I wanted. All good quality pieces in good condition. I'll no longer be able to just take them out and shoot. I'll be resigned to using ranges. So most of my guns will just sit in the safe.
I don't have to, but I'm thinking of selling a few off. If I can't shoot them, why keep them.
What say you?
How do I decide which ones go?
Would you buy a blued pistol with tear stains on it?


and WHY NOT??? lmao

NO SERIOUSLY, why not?

are you sellin the cabin and property? can you keep the cabin and property AND buy the city dwellin?

Seven 09-04-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatme98 (Post 927047)
I don't have to...

...then don't.

boatme98 09-04-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS (Post 927156)
and WHY NOT??? lmao

NO SERIOUSLY, why not?

are you sellin the cabin and property? can you keep the cabin and property AND buy the city dwellin?

No I rent. It's for sale. Ilove it here but I miss some things. It's about 45 miles to a grocery store. Makes it hard to keep fresh veggies and fruit. The female population is scary at best (think "People of Wal Mart").
I'll also be renting the new house. I don't buy houses anymore.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.