Secret Service probing Facebook poll on Obama's death

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Secret Service probing Facebook poll on Obama's death

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Secret Service probing Facebook poll on Obama's death

The Associated Press

Published: September 28, 2009

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Secret Service is investigating an online survey that asked whether people thought President Barack Obama should be assassinated.

The poll, posted Saturday on Facebook, was taken off the popular social networking site quickly after company officials were alerted to its existence. But, like any threat against the president, Secret Service agents are taking no chances.

The poll asked respondents "Should Obama be killed?" The choices: No, Maybe, Yes, and Yes if he cuts my health care.

Facebook says the question was not created by the company, but by an independent person using an add-on application that has been suspended from the site.

My view:
I for one don't want to see obama assassinated.
I would like to see him stop his radical agenda. For starters, Stop with the healthcare reform, until a better plan can be decided on by "We the People". Also obama needs to stop befriending our enemies and pushing our allies away. He needs to be strong against our adversaries. He needs to stop the Tax & Spend kick he's on...

How about you? What do you think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8885 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

I think that anyone that voice a threat against the life or safety of the President is an idiot, and is likely to get a visit from the lumpy people in cheap suits. It is a violation of Federal law to do so. I was surprised at how many people were in the Federal Correctional Institute at Petersburg VA YEARS ago for threatening the President.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

OOPS BRB need to delete that poll from my facebook page.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:31 AM   #4

Well I don't know who in their right mind would post that on Facebook. That's a good way to get the FBI called on you and get sent to jail. I don't want to see him 86'd. I don't agree with many of his policies. But it's just like Bush - whether or not people might think his election was rigged, or don't like him, etc, etc - he is the leader of our country and we all just have to get used to it and if we don't like his way of doing things, we just voice our disagreement and vote for someone else next time.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:51 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I took that poll and of course voted NO. I asked the poll creator if he was "F***ing stupid" and if he was aware of the implications of posting such a poll. You cannot threaten the messiah!

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 09-29-2009, 02:54 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I would recommend all the good members here at FTF that NO ONE should EVER endorse an assassination attempt on anyone, but especially a sitting representative of any US Political Office.

Please think before you hit Enter.

JD

Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 AM   #7

I hope for one it NEVER happens. It would start riots and a civil war like no other. Probably rip what is left of the country to shreds.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:25 AM   #8

If Obama were to be assassinated they would clam it was because he was black.
Then the Dems would make him a martyr and might have a better chance of passing the crap they are pushing on us now. I think our best hope is to keep up the presser on Congress. Vote out as many Obama supporters in 2010 as possible, and send Obama the way of Carter in 2012.

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 09-29-2009, 05:16 AM   #9

regardless of your thoughts and beliefs on the matter, you would have to be an unbelieveable fricken idiot to participate in a public poll on the subject. dont touch that subject with a ten foot pole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 AM   #10
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Facebook poll? WTF.. someone needed attention? What a stupid question, OB was voted in by the masses and will be voted out...someone should start a time clock. All the same I might not agree with his direction of our nation but to assinate our president is something done in a thrid world country. Not something we do as a civilized nation.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.