Seal- teams......

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Seal- teams......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default Seal- teams......

At the time,just two seal-teams existed:Team One on the west coast and Team Two on the east .The new group based in a coastal Virginia town,called itself Team Six,a move to confuse Soviet analysts studying just how many Seal teams there were.In 1987 that team disbanded and reincarnated as the even murkier Naval Special Warefare Development Group,known in the special ops community as DevGroup,or just DevGru........I read-this from July-2011/vol.20/no.6 of Men's Journal with Kid-Rock on the Cover....So...Doe's Seal Six Team still Exist ????....I thought they said that's the team that got Osama bin Laden ???................. .....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #2

There were different types of seals back years ago, I think there were 8 seal teams in all, each has there own specialty. I was in cold water training in the bering straights in Alaska and the cold water special seal were training there too. I think seal team six is clasified, and this is just to confuse the enemy.
I remember all the times we were told that this didn't happen and don't ever talk about it again. I though some of it was bullcrap but we went along with the game. Even today I won't talk about what we did that never happened because nobody would believe me anyway.
You can only believe just a tiny bit of what the goverment tells the public.
It' all a matter of national security. The media is our biggist enemy nowdays.
Don't take my word for this because some of it I'm just speculating. I have never been a seal and never wanted to be. I was just a Navy grunt.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #3

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

To-Funny.........

Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8877 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

There are actually several thousand Seals. Every bar seems to have a dozen hanging out there.....

harp-seal-baby.jpg

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
There are actually several thousand Seals. Every bar seems to have a dozen hanging out there....
Amen to that c3, I live on the peninsula and used to work security at a few bar/clubs around town. At any given night you would run across more than one " navy seal, or fighter pilot " knowing several real seals myself,( and knowing real seals don't brag about their job) I would get angry at first, then just could not keep up being mad at them, there was just too many imposters, got to the point where I would just say " of course you are" and if they wanted to press it to much Id ask them some specifics, to which they did not know. Then they'd stay away from me the rest of the night. One guy just couldn't stop trying to convince me he was legit ( which in itself confirmed he was not) that I made a phone call to a senior cheif in team 10 , put the unsuspecting young sailor on the phone, and to this day not completely sure what all was said but ended with a few yes sirs, hanging head, handed my cell phone back to me and walked out of the bar. Never saw that young man in that bar again..lmao