Screwing with Goju: Virtual Kumite - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Screwing with Goju: Virtual Kumite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyboy View Post
As many shotguns as you like he he
????? I'm gonna ask you about U.K. law in another thread, I thought you guys needed special permission even for those. I'm glad you've got those, at least.

Right now, I'm fighting, so I can't pay it thought, as my opponent is a sneaky s**t.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Ah, your silly Japanese linear attacks have foiled me. I've dropped, into a sickle sweep that takes both of your legs out and lands you on your rump.

I'm back up, maybe lumped up a little, but I await your move, and I've given myself range....
Ah, herein lies the problem. You don't know about goju karate. Everything I've been taught has circular movements and angles,nothing linear that is the korean way.

And just why do you guys toughen your knuckles if all you ever do is kick.....kick.....kick...spin and twirl,kick. No wonder you guys always keep your guard down, no one ever gets hit.

I'm back up and close the distance. I don't play tip tap distance sparring. I'm in your face shooting uppercuts,hooks,and elbows. (empi ha).

Old 02-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #23

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I need room to breathe. I must rely on the technique that separates my style from sport Tae Kwon Do.

Meet Hadan Chagi, the Low Kick. Years of kicking the bamboo with the shin has developed the abilty to launch a roundhouse to your upper thigh. One that , after just a few seconds, makes your leg go numb, and you have the sensation of dragging a dead piece of meat off of your hip.

What now, Gooeyju man?

Old 02-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Having watched this battle from my window for the last 26 hours, I have decided that one of you is going to the hospital and the other to the morgue if you don't end this battle soon.

*sound of a round being chambered into a bolt action rifle and Butler Creek scope covers flipping open*

finish-him-20085-1243604613-0.jpg  

Old 02-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I need room to breathe. I must rely on the technique that separates my style from sport Tae Kwon Do.

Meet Hadan Chagi, the Low Kick. Years of kicking the bamboo with the shin has developed the abilty to launch a roundhouse to your upper thigh. One that , after just a few seconds, makes your leg go numb, and you have the sensation of dragging a dead piece of meat off of your hip.

What now, Gooeyju man?
We call it the cutting kick. Using the blade of the shin and impacting in a C motion down. OUCH Crap that hurts!! BUT you dropped your flippers again mudskipper! Right hook to the mandible jawline followed by a left hook. Stay close mudskipper,stay close.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #26

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Default Goju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Really, Goju has conditioning like no other.

Do you really want to start with a double leg high kick? Well, that will end badly for you. Like the common americanized karateka you have attacked the highest target with the lowest and slowest weapon, brilliant.

I moved, you missed. Now your weakside is exposed and at my disposal. Two strikes to the side of the neck for you just behind the ear with the first two knuckles.
An old friend of mine called Gary Spiers he was a Mouri from New Zealand he apparently trained in Japan for several years in Goju. He eventually settled in the north of England and I trained with him for 2 years BRUTAL guy Unfortunately he died about 10 years ago Think he was 5th dan or so. Have you heard of him. Massive 7 foot guy with lightening speed.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #27

Likes Given: 2

I sit and patiently wait for everyone to tire themselves out, (fat guys have to be smarter about fighting).

Old 02-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #28

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Time out guy's I gotta go get something to eat.....

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #29

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Okay, I'm back. Time in, go to it.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Times up.

I bow, your battle has been epic.

Did anybody learn anything they didn't already know? Does anybody have a question for us?

And thanks for playing, Goju. *respect*