The Screen Name Thread
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Screen Name Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default The Screen Name Thread

OK, let's get to know each other a little better...explain your screen name. What's it mean/stand for, etc.? How/Why did you pick it?

I'll go first...

Jesse = My Name
17 = A number I tag on since Jesse's always taken, also mean Perfection of Spiritual Order

I use the same screen name everywhere, 'cause I'm not creative enough to come up with anything site-specific like Jesse357 or something like that. Besides I'd never remember what it was if I had more than 1 screen name.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #2

layne is my middle name, j is the initial of my first name and c is the initial of my last, I am same way about 1 username, so far it hasnt been taken anywhere else I go.

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Old 04-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Didn't we do this already?

DanTheMan with no vowels. 2004 is when I graduated high school.
Has been my screen name for everything for 8-9 years.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 04-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #4

I explained it in my intro thread, but I reckon I could go into it more dept. So USNWO stands for United States Navy Weapons Operative. And basically, I am one of the Navy's most priced possessions, myself and the 4,000 other NWOs out there. And thats because we're weapons experts. If I wasn't a training Officer now, the USN could put me on any ship of their choosing, and tell me to fire the weapons, and I'd go "Aye aye, sir".
How I got into training was that I got a letter from the Secretary of the Navy, telling me that the Navy needed trained Weapons Ops to train our boys to fire guns and such.

"I CAN'T SEE MY BALD HEAD IN THIS BULK HEAD, SAILOR! WHY IN THE HELL NOT? AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SHINE IT SO I CAN SEE MY BALD HEAD?" ~Lt. Vincent Folvs~

"Let the Marines storm the bunker and get shot at. We'll just blow their asses up from 50 miles out to sea." ~Admiral Josh Chinres~

"If you hit your head on my ship, you'd better not get your blood on my deck, Sailor." ~Ensign Vincent Van Burq~

Old 04-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have no idea what mine means, I used the "Quick Pick" option on the screen name scrambler device.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8860 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Sorry, but my agreement with the Federal Witness Protection Program does not permit that.

Just kidding. Actually, retired Army. Command, Control, Communicate- and I am a shooter- including Class III stuff (when someone else is buying the ammo)

Yes, we did it some time back, but we have had a lot of new blood since then. Does not hurt to help welcome some of the newer folks (did not say new folks- like myself, some of you are well used!)

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I got mine while playing baseball. I had a streak of hitting liners back to the pitcher and a couple of them got nailed in the cranial area. Thankfully no one was hurt seriously (one guy got it kinda bad), but the Bench Coach started calling me "noggin knocker". I got one of my teammates to change that to skullcrusher.

That and I crush skulls.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I like drums..A lot! Played for many years. Not so much now with the messed up back thing. I've used other nics on sites but they usually will always have a DJ type name. A user name I used a lot some years back was the name of a band I played in had the initials DJ. Being many people on the web in a few haunts I still frequent still call me DJ I stay within that.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #9

Default Master parachute rigger

Assemble, pack, and maintain parachute systems for skydivers and pilots. As of this weekend, I have appx 120,000 total parachute pack jobs, with appx 5000 of those being reserve parachutes, and 260 of those reserves have been used successfully. Haven't lost a customer yet

I'm the one in the blue and white suit

NRA Member
TSRA Member
Texas CCL holder

Old 04-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I think we already did this, but...

greg = first name

s = last initial

887 = random number from the AOL days circa 1994

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"