School suspends student for picture of a gun. - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > School suspends student for picture of a gun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 05:08 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

Please do not lump all teachers together as Marxist or spineless. Threatening or even calling a lawyer is meaningless if a teacher has done nothing wrong. In the case listed above where the teacher is making comments about a shirt, all he has to do is call and ask what is indeed going on. This year we had a parent call the Principal (without even contacting the teacher of course) because a History teacher supposedly said "cum sucking Indians" in class. It turned out that the teacher was teaching about Tecumseh and the child was not paying attention. We have parents blow things out of proportion all the time. This teacher contacted a lawyer and threatened to sue the parent for defamation because she was running her mouth. She definitely changed her tune and wrote a letter of apology to him and the administration. Teachers are not the enemy regardless of what many believe. In terms of the OP, this whole thing could have been avoided if the child did not use a school computer for personal use. I (as a teacher) had to ask permission to put a picture of me and my husband on my school issued computer as a screen saver. It is not my property and I am not allowed to put anything on it that is not related to school. Yes, it could be handled differently but the parents are using publicity in a negative way and I think it's shameful. Also, there is no tenure in my State and I am not a Union member so I am just looking at facts here.
Well the student in the above story was posting in a public forum.i have seen such posts advising the student to state he is just exercising his 1st amendment rights but this boy was in like 8th grade not being 18 he has no such rights and must count on the administration of the school as well as his parents to defend him.i understand not all teachers are marxists or spineless i have educators in my own family unfortunately their do seem to be alot of educators pushing agendas that have no place in the classroom.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #52

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127 View Post
Well the student in the above story was posting in a public forum.i have seen such posts advising the student to state he is just exercising his 1st amendment rights but this boy was in like 8th grade not being 18 he has no such rights and must count on the administration of the school as well as his parents to defend him.i understand not all teachers are marxists or spineless i have educators in my own family unfortunately their do seem to be alot of educators pushing agendas that have no place in the classroom.
There do*** you may believe some teachers to be marxist or spineless, but you still should have paid attention to them.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #53

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

A picture of a hunter or trap shoot would be suspect of imposing a virile threat. A pro Left statement on Gay Rights or Green movement would be free of any virus. That makes it easy for the teachers to protect the taxpayers computers. The Teachers are so concerned about the taxpayers investments.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
There do*** you may believe some teachers to be marxist or spineless, but you still should have paid attention to them.
Maybe he did... My 5th grader just came home from school yesterday
stating that his teacher said that Man and Dinosaurs co-existed on the
planet. There is a 64 million year error...

Yes, I will be following up on that one.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #55

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Lots of luck. School teachers are on the low end of college grads. In order to improve schools crack down on Teacher Mills.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Lots of luck. School teachers are on the low end of college grads. In order to improve schools crack down on Teacher Mills.
Oh that is gonna stir the **** up on this thread...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #57

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Oh that is gonna stir the **** up on this thread...
Yep, just wait until our resident teacher gets online.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #58
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6330 Times on 3160 Posts
Likes Given: 6823

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I wont say they are all on the low end but no doubt, the teacher mill thing is very true. With 200 qualified applicants for every open teaching position, we have way too many teachers graduating period. The places that grind them out every year keep telling them the jobs will come but that hasnt happened yet and likely never will.

Over half of my family has been or is currently teaching somewhere. Its an honorable profession but its more of an industry now not a place to germinate diverse, productive Citizens, more an assembly line of firmware updaters.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #59

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Then there is this..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/02/education/in-memphis-cheating-ring-teachers-are-the-accused.html?pagewanted=all

It's been going on for 15 years.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #60

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Teachers really depend on the area you're in. In NY, I felt like all of my teachers were qualified to do what they did. For instance, when I came to college here in MO, I was able to test out of the lower level classes because I knew more like Spanish, History, and Science.

Other history majors in the same classes as me did not even know what the Bay of Pigs incident was etc. etc.