Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > School suspends student for picture of a gun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5077 Times on 2888 Posts
Likes Given: 4243

In my school, on opening days we brought our shotguns in and stored them in the cloakroom.

They had to be unloaded in a canvas case of course. We didn't have cars or pickups, so we carried them over the handlebars of our bicycles.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #12

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand_Squid
Seems like the young lad's freedom of speech was violated. Don't the teach Bills of Rights the Constitution stuff like that.
His freedom of speech wasn't violated. Is it his computer? There are rules when you are at school and if you break a rule $hit happens. If it's not YOUR property don't f**k with it.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2530 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
His freedom of speech wasn't violated. Is it his computer? There are rules when you are at school and if you break a rule $hit happens. If it's not YOUR property don't f**k with it.
Really?
Quote:
McClaine said the school initially suspended him for three days Friday.
Since the laptop belongs to the school, the district policy states students are prohibited from “sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures,” and cannot access, send, create or forward pictures that are considered “harassing, threatening, or illegal.”
Which was this?? Offensive, harassing, threatening or illegal? Do you actually think this sort of thing would be permitted in a place where the term "Due Process" actually meant anything? They don't say he can't have personal stuff on the computer. He simply can't violate the stated criteria. Which IMHO, he didn't. Because someone doesn't like guns doesn't suddenly make the image of a gun offensive, harassing,threatening or illegal. By that standard, the evening news must be pure hell to these morons. It just means that some wuss got their knickers in a twist. BTW, isn't the backdrop some sort of Commie flag? Shouldn't that be OK in our school when used in the context of oppressed workers throwing off the yoke of capitalism? The people who pulled this have to be communists, that image should warm their pathetic little hearts.

I suppose that my 1911 gun mat being used as a mouse pad at my govt workplace suddenly turned into a hostile work environment to any bed wetting gun hater that walks past? Is that fair?

Try this crap off campus. Fed Govt IT pricks wouldn't even try that with an image that benign.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 02-04-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #14

Liked 1631 Times on 922 Posts
Likes Given: 1090

My son is in 8th grade. He is a big time xbox player. He is also a real shooter. We hunted elk for the first time last October. Anyway, he sometimes wears shirts with video game pictures on them. Call of duty, Black ops...stuff like that. I have never seen anything from the school that says they are not allowed. Some have pics of guns. Some dont. There is one teacher that keeps harrasing him. She told him that he cant wear them. He told me about it. I asked if anyone else has said anything. He said no. She has said it about a bunch of his shirts. But again no one else has said a word. He came home on Friday and said that the teacher said the same thing about his Halo shirt. She told him that it advertises for a violent video game. It just has the name Halo on it with a lightning bolt looking thing on the shirt. There is no gun or anything on it. I told him to continue wearing his shirts. I said that the next time she says something that he is to politely tell her that he is exercizing his first amendment rights.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Don't exactly know all of the details to this story but, I am so TIRED of teachers pushing THEIR beliefs on kids. Especially mine! My oldest daughter is still uncomfortable with guns because of crap on TV and what is taught in schools. I am working on this but, it's scary how deeply engrained some of these feelings are. And it's not only guns it's everything. Rant over.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #16

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My junior year of high school I had to do a marketing plan for one of my business classes so I picked to sell a rifle to new hunters/shooters and was told by the teacher (country born and raised with a husband who is an advid hunter) that it was fine with her but if push came to shove I would need to find something different. My younger brother who is in middle school is doing a big project on Samuel Colt and the Colt company and is doing everything he can to be able to keep it.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #17

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentialPyro View Post
My junior year of high school I had to do a marketing plan for one of my business classes so I picked to sell a rifle to new hunters/shooters and was told by the teacher (country born and raised with a husband who is an advid hunter) that it was fine with her but if push came to shove I would need to find something different. My younger brother who is in middle school is doing a big project on Samuel Colt and the Colt company and is doing everything he can to be able to keep it.
I know what ya mean, Pyro.

In 8th grade we had to do a project on which invention(s) were most influential in history...The printing press was taken so I did mine on how firearms and weapons influence history through wars/assassinations etc. etc.

Everyone thought I was nuts lol

Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1706 Times on 890 Posts
Likes Given: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
My son is in 8th grade. He is a big time xbox player. He is also a real shooter. We hunted elk for the first time last October. Anyway, he sometimes wears shirts with video game pictures on them. Call of duty, Black ops...stuff like that. I have never seen anything from the school that says they are not allowed. Some have pics of guns. Some dont. There is one teacher that keeps harrasing him. She told him that he cant wear them. He told me about it. I asked if anyone else has said anything. He said no. She has said it about a bunch of his shirts. But again no one else has said a word. He came home on Friday and said that the teacher said the same thing about his Halo shirt. She told him that it advertises for a violent video game. It just has the name Halo on it with a lightning bolt looking thing on the shirt. There is no gun or anything on it. I told him to continue wearing his shirts. I said that the next time she says something that he is to politely tell her that he is exercizing his first amendment rights.
I'd be visiting that teacher myself I believe

Old 02-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1706 Times on 890 Posts
Likes Given: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The Far Left teachers Union has no regard for personal freedoms. They follow the Marxist plan of banning anything they disagree with. They are using a long term project to turn citizens against individual Freedoms in America and not just firearms.
which is exactly why I don't want to arm them! (would strongly prefer armed security at schools, not armed bleeding hearts)

Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #20

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I was home schooled for several years then went to a local CHRISTIAN school mostly so i could play football.I live in Alabama so we don't have quite as many demwhits(democrats) to cause trouble but the state educational system is slowly trying to push their agenda and attempting to brainwash the student body.i do not have any children oneday God willing i will Marry and have a family i think i will at the least send my kids to private school if not homeschool them.