School suspends student for picture of a gun.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > School suspends student for picture of a gun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default School suspends student for picture of a gun.

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2013/02/04/student-gets-suspended-for-picture-of-gun/?subscriber=1

Unbelieveable, now it is school property, so if they want the
image removed I guess that they could tell the student to do so.

My suggestion is that he places an image of the Second
Amendment on the computer.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Last edited by Shade; 02-04-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3078 Times on 1544 Posts
Likes Given: 376

He needs to save the new Barack "Skeeter" Obama pic and make that his desktop background. That should create a bit of a conundrum for these So-called educators.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #3

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Far Left teachers Union has no regard for personal freedoms. They follow the Marxist plan of banning anything they disagree with. They are using a long term project to turn citizens against individual Freedoms in America and not just firearms.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Political correctness run amok. One little nudge at a time.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6528 Times on 3641 Posts
Likes Given: 6162

If guns cause violence, then maybe labor unions cause communism!

People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #6

Liked 192 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 315

Reminds me of sophomore year in high school....I had just gotten my new Browning 425 and I wanted to show my friend...We sat next to each other in English class and we had a free period so I just googled it real quick to show him what it looked like.

Just then my English teacher walked by and basically said "Oh my god, are you a terrorist or something?! You can't do that in school!"

I was sent to the principal's office (he is ex air force so he was pretty understanding about the whole guns thing) and he just told me that it wasn't a big deal. He knew that along with me, something like 13 other kids in the high school were competitive shooters.

Also: We had a school bulletin board where we could post student success stories...My buddy bowled his first 300 in the town league so they posted it....My 3 person squad (Girl from school, my brother, and I) took 1st place at the NYS sporting clays shoot....I gave them the article and they said they couldn't post it...

Nor did they take my senior photo for the year book because it was me with my shotgun over my shoulder....

Nor did they put my senior directory in the year book because I mentioned shooting....

Old 02-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1884 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 5661

I'm sure that my Grandson's (4, 6, 7,9 and 10) will cause an uproar. They all like to meet at gramma and grampa's house and play nerf guns. Typical boys, they will even turn a small stick, or a barbie doll into a gun for play.

Now they all know about real guns, they get constant drills on 'what do you do if you see a real gun' and 'when you get older we'll shoot together'.

None of them have much time for anti-gunners. Great kids. Just like me when I was a kid. and I grew up a law-abiding citizen.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #8

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

Seems like the young lad's freedom of speech was violated. Don't the teach Bills of Rights the Constitution stuff like that.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I cannot fully comment because none of us know the full story but in our District our students and parents signs forms stating that the school computers are for academic use ONLY. Perhaps there was a clause in their computer policy that had something in there about this and it may of had nothing to do with the firearm. You never know. If our kids put things on the computers or add screensavers, they lose access to the school computers because of viruses etc. should he have been suspended, no. Did he sign something stating that was a possibility if he misused the computer......possibly.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Reminds me of sophomore year in high school....I had just gotten my new Browning 425 and I wanted to show my friend...We sat next to each other in English class and we had a free period so I just googled it real quick to show him what it looked like.

Just then my English teacher walked by and basically said "Oh my god, are you a terrorist or something?! You can't do that in school!"

I was sent to the principal's office (he is ex air force so he was pretty understanding about the whole guns thing) and he just told me that it wasn't a big deal. He knew that along with me, something like 13 other kids in the high school were competitive shooters.

Also: We had a school bulletin board where we could post student success stories...My buddy bowled his first 300 in the town league so they posted it....My 3 person squad (Girl from school, my brother, and I) took 1st place at the NYS sporting clays shoot....I gave them the article and they said they couldn't post it...

Nor did they take my senior photo for the year book because it was me with my shotgun over my shoulder....

Nor did they put my senior directory in the year book because I mentioned shooting....
Boy have times changed...

I graduated in '85, My buddy and I would bail out of school and head to the
woods from school to deer hunt. One time we had our cased guns in the
back of his pick up with a box of slugs. About 3rd period we both get called
to the Principal's office. He meets at the door and says, "Follow me." We
walk out to the truck, he points to the guns and says, "Boys do me a favor
and cover up those guns so I done get bothered by busy bodies..." He turns
and walks away, with the parting comment, "Good luck hunting."

Today the SWAT team would be called and we would
be tried for trumped up charges...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

People Like This