Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   School suspends student for picture of a gun. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/school-suspends-student-picture-gun-83349/)

Shade 02-04-2013 01:42 PM

School suspends student for picture of a gun.

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2013/02/04/student-gets-suspended-for-picture-of-gun/?subscriber=1

Unbelieveable, now it is school property, so if they want the
image removed I guess that they could tell the student to do so.

My suggestion is that he places an image of the Second
Amendment on the computer.

Overkill0084 02-04-2013 01:58 PM

He needs to save the new Barack "Skeeter" Obama pic and make that his desktop background. That should create a bit of a conundrum for these So-called educators.

nitestalker 02-04-2013 02:00 PM

The Far Left teachers Union has no regard for personal freedoms. They follow the Marxist plan of banning anything they disagree with. They are using a long term project to turn citizens against individual Freedoms in America and not just firearms.:(

mcb 02-04-2013 02:27 PM

Political correctness run amok. One little nudge at a time.

locutus 02-04-2013 02:39 PM

If guns cause violence, then maybe labor unions cause communism!

TimL2952 02-04-2013 02:46 PM

Reminds me of sophomore year in high school....I had just gotten my new Browning 425 and I wanted to show my friend...We sat next to each other in English class and we had a free period so I just googled it real quick to show him what it looked like.

Just then my English teacher walked by and basically said "Oh my god, are you a terrorist or something?! You can't do that in school!"

I was sent to the principal's office (he is ex air force so he was pretty understanding about the whole guns thing) and he just told me that it wasn't a big deal. He knew that along with me, something like 13 other kids in the high school were competitive shooters.

Also: We had a school bulletin board where we could post student success stories...My buddy bowled his first 300 in the town league so they posted it....My 3 person squad (Girl from school, my brother, and I) took 1st place at the NYS sporting clays shoot....I gave them the article and they said they couldn't post it...

Nor did they take my senior photo for the year book because it was me with my shotgun over my shoulder....

Nor did they put my senior directory in the year book because I mentioned shooting....

KG7IL 02-04-2013 03:29 PM

I'm sure that my Grandson's (4, 6, 7,9 and 10) will cause an uproar. They all like to meet at gramma and grampa's house and play nerf guns. Typical boys, they will even turn a small stick, or a barbie doll into a gun for play.

Now they all know about real guns, they get constant drills on 'what do you do if you see a real gun' and 'when you get older we'll shoot together'.

None of them have much time for anti-gunners. Great kids. Just like me when I was a kid. and I grew up a law-abiding citizen.

Sand_Squid 02-04-2013 03:48 PM

Seems like the young lad's freedom of speech was violated. Don't the teach Bills of Rights the Constitution stuff like that.

Zombiegirl 02-04-2013 04:10 PM

I cannot fully comment because none of us know the full story but in our District our students and parents signs forms stating that the school computers are for academic use ONLY. Perhaps there was a clause in their computer policy that had something in there about this and it may of had nothing to do with the firearm. You never know. If our kids put things on the computers or add screensavers, they lose access to the school computers because of viruses etc. should he have been suspended, no. Did he sign something stating that was a possibility if he misused the computer......possibly.

Shade 02-04-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy (Post 1123518)
Reminds me of sophomore year in high school....I had just gotten my new Browning 425 and I wanted to show my friend...We sat next to each other in English class and we had a free period so I just googled it real quick to show him what it looked like.

Just then my English teacher walked by and basically said "Oh my god, are you a terrorist or something?! You can't do that in school!"

I was sent to the principal's office (he is ex air force so he was pretty understanding about the whole guns thing) and he just told me that it wasn't a big deal. He knew that along with me, something like 13 other kids in the high school were competitive shooters.

Also: We had a school bulletin board where we could post student success stories...My buddy bowled his first 300 in the town league so they posted it....My 3 person squad (Girl from school, my brother, and I) took 1st place at the NYS sporting clays shoot....I gave them the article and they said they couldn't post it...

Nor did they take my senior photo for the year book because it was me with my shotgun over my shoulder....

Nor did they put my senior directory in the year book because I mentioned shooting....

Boy have times changed...

I graduated in '85, My buddy and I would bail out of school and head to the
woods from school to deer hunt. One time we had our cased guns in the
back of his pick up with a box of slugs. About 3rd period we both get called
to the Principal's office. He meets at the door and says, "Follow me." We
walk out to the truck, he points to the guns and says, "Boys do me a favor
and cover up those guns so I done get bothered by busy bodies..." He turns
and walks away, with the parting comment, "Good luck hunting."

Today the SWAT team would be called and we would
be tried for trumped up charges...